Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, for the sake of this particular argument, the US Government does not own any British football clubs. The UAE does, albeit by proxy. There are plenty of things we can criticise American club owners and sponsors for - Standard Chartered being a case in point - but holding them to account for US foreign policy isn’t really a starter IMO. It’d be like pinning illegal whaling operations by the Japanese government on Chelsea, because they’re sponsored by Yokohama Tyres

Sheikh Mansour doesn't even have a seat on the UAE's executive council so I can't see how he's instrumental in shaping the UAE's polices.

While it's true it would be a very tenuous link to attempt to establish for the USA owning British clubs, the UAE doesn't own City even by proxy either. Nobody has been able to establish that link, they just imply it based on our owners heritage.

The fact that Sheikh Mansour wields influence and can affect policy in Abu Dhabi is not the same as City being owned by a foreign country. If you use that logic then John Henry is a good friend of Donald Trump and so Liverpool are owned by the USA.
If John Henry was Vice President I’d tend to agree.

We aint owned by a country Fact!

Or is it like that w@nker Gill who still on the board at the scum and at uefa plus the fa where HE CAN and HAS made rules/laws to benefit his fcuking scum club! Just like Samuel put in black white! Gill influencing the laws/rule from his ivory tower! He is total scum.
Now that is a conversation worth having but aside from Martin they are ignoring it

why didn't KAM address the ownership during his speech, he could of said we are not owned by a country or state we are owned by Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan bin Zayed bin Khalifa Al Nahyan

Sadly, for the sake of this particular argument, the US Government does not own any British football clubs. The UAE does, albeit by proxy. There are plenty of things we can criticise American club owners and sponsors for - Standard Chartered being a case in point - but holding them to account for US foreign policy isn’t really a starter IMO. It’d be like pinning illegal whaling operations by the Japanese government on Chelsea, because they’re sponsored by Yokohama Tyres
Could you please provide any tangible evidence that Manchester City is owned by a country? Especially one made up of several sovereign states such as the UAE. There’s a clue there mate...

So if Philip Hammond bought say villa, would the british government own them?

As he influences and affects UK policy.
Is he Deputy Prime Minister in this scenario?

Don’t get me wrong, we are owned by an individual, not a state, but I’m showing why they’re saying the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.