Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the primary reason for the purchase of Manchester City was to get a foothold in the richest football league in the world and to make money in a sport with worldwide appeal.

If that was indeed their motivation, then the point I was inexpertly trying to make, is of course redundant at source. Didn’t one of the hacked emails refer to His Highness covering a significant amount of our sponsorship money though? I make no assumption as to whether that info is true or not, but again it’s not hard to see why journalists would link us to the AD government

I think you’re right.
This sportswashing nonsense is just that. It’s actually totally the opposite. All that’s happened is that the UAE has been scrutinised even more with regards to human rights than they ever would have been. How many people would even be aware of the UAE’s connections to the Yemen war if not for anti-City journalists mentioning it any time they can with little regard to accuracy.
Whoever said the first casualty of war is the truth, hadn’t envisaged this, I would imagine.

I’m if the opinion that the world, certainly the western world, is run by big business and global industry.
Arguing that the American or British government don’t own football teams is completely missing the point as far as who influences government policy is concerned.

The likes of the Glazers or Henry have as much opportunity to influence government in my mind, as the Sheik in middle eastern countries.

Billions are made by lobbying the likes of the Republicans for favors.
Donations in the right pockets go a long way. Allegedly.

So for me, the differentiating between our owners investment and the money made from sponsorship from companies who make their profit by using very questionable methods, is totally selective, agenda driven logic.

Not thinking of any company in particular, but money laundering through dodgy regimes is the kind of thing that comes to mind. That sort of dirty money seems far more questionable than clean oil money.

All good points

So basic evidence like page 36 of the last financial accounts filed at companies house you mean?

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/YbIM-hLmrVqJizaTrP2ZHYBzRFNvAn0gnZ0zsC9QO-0/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Content-Sha256=UNSIGNED-PAYLOAD&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAWRGBDBV3D3Z273VS/20190528/eu-west-2/s3/aws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20190528T185927Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=AgoJb3JpZ2luX2VjEDMaCWV1LXdlc3QtMiJIMEYCIQCeOwontyUVp1axIrcnr0XA1gynbgbu9V4SBCpnbRlQgQIhALyLWQzT/6BPRY/JJgeRGvTszTh2S+4+W6Plm6rJhzYgKtoDCEsQARoMNDQ5MjI5MDMyODIyIgy60lBZejHTRt01DIkqtwM/S7flUjRvpl14RPcgbQakE4xtcilrSuYnaLbinv5tOPjpMNmHaxZKlwOEh9mnvtZAHxeCMDANqmcPdAlwVtTFP/n9XHJLkhbVHZVEoi9V53Uirh6IcrljAvlXpOIVWsbIKY3jn6ZbdT99bE7YkeiX6f/AdsyDE8yGnvC2gUO+oD12TZRmcJOdPq7nEwP/mp2gZJJvtnUZqgWD0fJtguMzte4aNmDi7q/cCRaQecBduMM9erCJmT1xgGk6bsUFxStGY5GSU0/MMLmyChOmgoIn0yrc1Vssc/EgMrZYdkHzCyoJoTmuefRTeKsRcKvhU6+b5ys5rjVxDoC946CSsrZQOk9R1qmBsVXWklKZD1XCmS2N5OeZuvPEGsiAIdMqLocShkJth/wltoAFh3xO//rnBvCI8/rRh//yFNPVD76I4A1KERZtdocRRYpBfduUJo2wrN63YiIJiKspqvoxEkxSmT81xZ1I4u7vrkXOMWALGCUpTDs+OCTIBlpSHlp9t1IqAjzfOBYGo+832qONdezpe/WuivZAfKqr52jyMTJ8fDd4vOLCFLYERuca3XGcmaZfXhjx+EskMJr3tecFOrMBbJ2I+0QOYXjwlLyZ7aLMmCL2sWNLW3SASkoyK5MsXb3we1p7Bx4NpNEBWHt7ZM0Fo2BqLrz6H9AKr0p4FYJk0cP9AySKpOebgnwku+R5SRSNezURhX1ws+keLerbR0sEPSq01yqishJRtxudUW+VqLyYPWtAGxHdOp2gDmpudeQleglcSYiib6bZdJNFy+mqPSiyEnTL53kJJHnUAL9VAzCN+OCk7p3peXbj7Zk44rsNgGs=&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=a51ab0a5834a06e8a43abc39c9cf61939ceda39f37478488f67eb09ac763a7ab
Says access denied

If that was indeed their motivation, then the point I was inexpertly trying to make, is of course redundant at source. Didn’t one of the hacked emails refer to His Highness covering a significant amount of our sponsorship money though? I make no assumption as to whether that info is true or not, but again it’s not hard to see why journalists would link us to the AD government
I understand how a stupid journalist would think so mate, but not you who frequents this board so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.