Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Formula one has Emirates as one of its main sponsors, also its end of year race in Abu Dhabi and our boss man has a decent stake in Ferrari. You won’t see a journalist doing the sports washing angle on this as Ferrari or Torro Rosso haven’t wiped the floor with Liverpool or United recently so no need for them to spit their dummies out and actually pretend to care about human rights in the Middle East like they are doing at the moment.

You must have noticed the outcry from the press when the Special Olympics World Summer Games were held in Abu Dhabi last March. NO?

Fair enough, was a rushed post. Trying to get across point of journalists as to how we are linked to UAE's actions. Do you see no link whatsoever?
I’m with Don on this one, all super rich people have the ability and often influence all governments, hypocrisy of the media is in that it only seems to be the UAE governments policies that are under the microscope. Not the Russians, nor the US (where corporate lobbyists on behalf of the billionaires & corporations rule the roost)

Formula one has Emirates as one of its main sponsors, also its end of year race in Abu Dhabi and our boss man has a decent stake in Ferrari. You won’t see a journalist doing the sports washing angle on this as Ferrari or Torro Rosso haven’t wiped the floor with Liverpool or United recently so no need for them to spit their dummies out and actually pretend to care about human rights in the Middle East like they are doing at the moment.
Spot on. And state ownership and funding in sport is disgraceful - unless it's our own head of state whose equine pursuits are actively fawned over by the same media.

not sure i follow, none as far as i know? but then i know nothing about Clarke
Ex -Leicester city chairman .
And in charge of football at the highest level in this country whilst Leicester won the league/avoided FFP punishment etc etc etc. .two ex members of the Leicester city board held high seats at the fa at the time.can't remember other blokes name.
Little plucky old Leicester. .

What's the score with Nicholas McGeehan? As I understood it, he's a long standing advocate of highlighting human rights issues in the UAE so I've been reluctant to group him in with those gutter journalists who have a clear agenda against our club. However, his recent tweets defending these hypocritical twats outed by @City_rabin suggest he too has an agenda against us. I'm not saying that's his only agenda and I'm beginning to think he has bigger issues with alleged human rights abuses committed by non-whites than whites. Otherwise, why the fuck would he spring to Barney Ronay's defence when good old Barney is happy to blow smoke up Putin's arse?

McGeehan was also quick to jump all over the rumoured Newcastle takeover and posting unsubstantiated bollocks like this:

McGeehan was the guy who posted this.

The problem was, apart from mis- identifying one of the participants, the people in the video have no connection with City, unless you believe in guilt by association or consanguinity. So McGeehan got round that by saying that Mansour is not the owner, but a stooge, a front for UAE government. He produced no evidence for this. An intellectual dishonesty of massive proportions.(click on the pic then scroll down a bit to get the full text.)

McGeehan was the guy who posted this.

The problem was, apart from mis- identifying one of the participants, the people in the video have no connection with City, unless you believe in guilt by association or consanguinity. So McGeehan got round that by saying that Mansour is not the owner, but a stooge, a front for UAE government. He produced no evidence for this. An intellectual dishonesty of massive proportions.

Yep, I remember that. And of course, all those bitter opposition fans lapped it up and swallowed every single word of it

So far City fans are an untapped resource. Other fans are smearing and actively engaged in dirty warfare. We haven't been.

Intelligence agencies, political parties, lobby groups use these tactics which is why we are seeing journalists talk about paid lackeys, bots etc. They see it, and are familiar with this tactic.

How do you think the Liverpool coach welcome was organised? WHose behind the bombarding of media football comment pages with anti-City invective. Organised offline.

I've seen some of the work Utd fans have done. Only a matter of time before City fans do likewise.
Very well said.

I’m shocked and surprised they haven’t re-introduced the “One City, one club” rule with an obvious exception being London based of course on ‘istry to nobble us...that would ensure the scum and dippers would have 2 bites of the cherry every season...
There is only one City in Manchester. The usurpers reside outside the city boundaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.