Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says it all really.Manchester City FC,the Champions of England, record breakers,the best team in the country,the best team in Manchester,,the most successful club in england over the last few years,playing football from another planet,exhibiting exciting progressive football,in the middle of a revolution ,style wise re playing out from the back......and the local Manchester paper leads with mid table utd drawing a team on its arse .
City should be the lead headline,everytime nowadays.We are not,thats oakie coakie with some folk......but not in my book.
Fuck me that is cringeworthy !! You sound like a Rag from yesteryear.

Says it all really.Manchester City FC,the Champions of England, record breakers,the best team in the country,the best team in Manchester,,the most successful club in england over the last few years,playing football from another planet,exhibiting exciting progressive football,in the middle of a revolution ,style wise re playing out from the back......and the local Manchester paper leads with mid table utd drawing a team on its arse .
City should be the lead headline,everytime nowadays.We are not,thats oakie coakie with some folk......but not in my book.
To be fair, Arsenal v Utd is a bigger story than City v Burnley but having said that, if the ties had been the other way around the headline would have been "United Draw Burnley" with City's tie at Arsenal halfway down the page.

Just had a quick look online and one of the first news articles is the rags have drawn Arsenal in the FA Cup. You have to do quite a bit of scrolling before you see anything City related.
Been discussed before, simply click bait.
To be fair, our draw is boring as fuck and the best tie of the round is Arsenal v United

I’m not a fan of the papers or their click-bait modus operandii, but anyone who thinks that Arsenal vs the rags isn’t a more newsworthy draw than City vs Burnley is living in a fantasy world, and the same goes for Minge Head getting banged up in the States. Complete knob though he may be, he’s one of England’s most capped and known players

I’m not a fan of the papers or their click-bait modus operandii, but anyone who thinks that Arsenal vs the rags isn’t a more newsworthy draw than City vs Burnley is living in a fantasy world, and the same goes for Minge Head getting banged up in the States. Complete knob though he may be, he’s one of England’s most capped and known players
I`d get your tin hat on mate.Failing that I can always lend you mine.
The irony about a lot of Blue Moon posts ref the MEN is the same as I read on Rag Cafe "why do City get all the headlines ?"
Honestly, as fans we really are a fickle bunch and that includes myself.

I`d get your tin hat on mate.Failing that I can always lend you mine.
The irony about a lot of Blue Moon posts ref the MEN is the same as I read on Rag Cafe "why do City get all the headlines ?"
Honestly, as fans we really are a fickle bunch and that includes myself.

I’ve written plenty of articles elsewhere on the economically motivated double standards employed by the media when reporting on City (as opposed United, Liverpool et al), but some of the silly paranoia on this thread serves only to detract from what is a real issue IMO, and devalues it in the process

To be fair, our draw is boring as fuck and the best tie of the round is Arsenal v United

I'm not disagreeing with that at all but as an exiled Manc who visits the local newspaper online it's clear they manage their website for clicks by the layout of their news articles. They have a worldwide 659 million fan base where we can't even fill our stadium, so I keep on being told.

To be fair, Arsenal v Utd is a bigger story than City v Burnley but having said that, if the ties had been the other way around the headline would have been "United Draw Burnley" with City's tie at Arsenal halfway down the page.

For the MUEN MANUre v Boggart Hole Clough U15s will be a bigger game than City being in the CL. Has been like this since WW2. Can't see anything change in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.