Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday we robbed Swansea with an offside winner, everyone and his dog seems to be saying that and yet I note today brighton had a late winner ruled out for offside and apparently 'that's the way it goes- tight decisions' OK it was two different stations but it was also 2 different teams.

Oh and while I am on, I heard Spit the Dog clearly say 'if we go on to win the league' as he co-commentated on the Dips v Fulham.

1101131.jpg

That’s incredibly close with the guy I presume is their left back.

I have only just caught up with the post match analysis on BT. Apologies if already commented on earlier in this thread but some of Hartson's comments were a disgrace.

If you look where the linesman is located on the far side,it is impossible to see through five people who are impeding his view.Therefore he can only (or supposedly) give offside if he is certain.Thankfully he didn`t guess.

Absolutely correct the linesman did not see an offside so can’t flag for it.

Interesting if VAR can’t see the ball how could they give offside?

If you look where the linesman is located on the far side,it is impossible to see through five people who are impeding his view.Therefore he can only (or supposedly) give offside if he is certain.Thankfully he didn`t guess.
I'd go further, he's actually in a great position (unusual I know), so looking across all of that he knows Sergio is onside, and has communicated such to Mariner through their intercom.

All we've seen to support "offside" is a very shit angle, but were there others we didn't get to see ?

The headline in the West Australian, reads “City survive by luck” and in the article “City were incorrectly awarded a penalty that led to the equaliser” and “winner from an offside position”. Whilst we may all agree on the offside call to state that we were incorrectly awarded a penalty is false. According to who?

The article will have been picked up from another source but the sentiment/narrative is alive and well down here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.