Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the bbc web site work ?

I tried posting this

"Ten Hag is playing a blinder on more money than he ever dream of. A club that cant afford to sack him.

A club with huge debts but still splashes million on has beens and players from Norway.

Wake up and smell the coffee utd are just a mid table team, stop behaving like you are a top team. You arent and havent been for over ten years. Ignore what the press/media keep say " but this is man utd" so what !!

Utd a poorly run mid table team with a statium which is below the pl stands. Cant even put on a big screen for VAR which is against the pl rules as all clubs must have it."

It wont let me post lol but I can post other comments but not this !
Just a slight correction. Not having screens isn't against PL rules. I presume the rags would have to take seats out and therefore lose revenue if they installed them.

Jeezz CNN sports news fronted by the appalling rag Amanda Davies manages to airbrush her faves demise from the annals of history by filling the "sports" bulletin with the Turkish ref story and some female FIFA rep retiring with barely a perfunctory mention of the result or it's consequences
Pathetic

Or 3 points off their treble winning pace…

It’s funny how he’s come up with the below without the thought that both replacements have been injured & combined have played less than have the available minutes.

“ Out went Ilkay Gundogan – a man who averaged 13 Premier League goal contributions in each of his final three years at the Etihad – and in came Mateo Kovacic and Matheus Nunes, two neat-ish footballers who waft around midfield like tribute acts to Guardiola number eights.”

It’s hysterical stuff, there are the points about letting Mahrez and Gundo go which are valid to some of City’s struggles at the moment. However this can all be fixed in the summer which I fully expect the club to do, it’s temporary and not terminal.
Same story last season when we let Jesus, zinc and sterling go , we struggled until pep found a solution then da dahh....a treble

How does the bbc web site work ?

I tried posting this

"Ten Hag is playing a blinder on more money than he ever dream of. A club that cant afford to sack him.

A club with huge debts but still splashes million on has beens and players from Norway.

Wake up and smell the coffee utd are just a mid table team, stop behaving like you are a top team. You arent and havent been for over ten years. Ignore what the press/media keep say " but this is man utd" so what !!

Utd a poorly run mid table team with a statium which is below the pl stands. Cant even put on a big screen for VAR which is against the pl rules as all clubs must have it."

It wont let me post lol but I can post other comments but not this !
You have rag interns modifying comments probably

I mean is it *that* dumb of an article? That City had a mini ‘crisis’, that Guardiola needs to figure it out and that Kovacic and Nunes so far haven’t done the job Gundogan could do for the team is nothing that wasn’t posted thousands of times in the past month….

Ultimately even the title is technically correct - Guardiola’s contract is up next summer and the last speculation was he didn’t intend to extend again, so theoretically his era is ‘ending’, even if of course there is plenty of time for him to change his mind.

I mean is it *that* dumb of an article? That City had a mini ‘crisis’, that Guardiola needs to figure it out and that Kovacic and Nunes so far haven’t done the job Gundogan could do for the team is nothing that wasn’t posted thousands of times in the past month….

Ultimately even the title is technically correct - Guardiola’s contract is up next summer and the last speculation was he didn’t intend to extend again, so theoretically his era is ‘ending’, even if of course there is plenty of time for him to change his mind.
I'm with you on this - in that some of that article is written as clickbait such as the headline, but some of the core of it isn't a million miles away from the truth. I suspect the guy who wrote it was forced to shoehorn in some key phrases for scousers and rags to be able to link and copy and paste stuff.

I miss Gundog. He was like a big fluffy comfort blanket in midfield.

Just looked at City HT report on BBC website, noticed an article about Lauren James being in a bad place after on-line abuse. Fair enough.
Maybe Lauren James should stop the violent off the ball challenges, and then the abuse may stop.
Why do they pass comment on stuff where fault can be apportioned in both directions. Almost like when they report on the rags or dippers… never their fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.