Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d agree with most of them but not noticed it much at all with Shearer. Think him and Lineker have always been pretty balanced with us. He absolutely loved Aguero.
To be fair I always thought Souness was pretty balanced when talking about City (have read a few times that his wife is a blue, so maybe he's under orders from her not to 'lay into us 'too much!?)

To be fair I always thought Souness was pretty balanced when talking about City (have read a few times that his wife is a blue, so maybe he's under orders from her not to 'lay into us 'too much!?)

Yeah I didn’t think he was too bad either. I’ve got a memory of him liking Mancini a lot.

They were a lot less likely to be given in the eighties or nineties, Onana would probably have got away with it then. Thing is back then, everyone was saying too many were classed as ball to hand and not a deliberate act so these “football people” were clamouring for ones like that to be given back then. It’s all swings and roundabouts.

This is the truth. The old days "deliberate" or "hand to ball" rule led to players making their body bigger without actually making an arm movement to the ball. A bit like Onana did. The new rules are to stop that but, as always, it has gone too far, too detailed and too complicated with things like the Grealish handball.

At the end of the day, handballs will always be subjective and no amount of written rules and guidelines will clarify every possible event.

Imho, gaining an advantage should be the only criteria. Same with offside, by the way. Just accept a lot of offences are, and always will be, subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.