Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football journalism has a toolbox of article templates or tropes and journalists basically just apply the one they think fits best
Spot-on. And where "fits best" means "supports/promotes the prevailing narrative".

And, as we well know, the prevailing narrative for almost all is that Manchester City and their non-American owners are the enemies of football.

The likes of Souness, Shearer, Keane, Burley, Saunders, Neville (the list could gone on) have been haters in the past and now froth over us. Perhaps there could be a certain amount of paranoia.

Or perhaps the definition of media needs defining.

The likes of Souness, Shearer, Keane, Burley, Saunders, Neville (the list could gone on) have been haters in the past and now froth over us. Perhaps there could be a certain amount of paranoia.

Or perhaps the definition of media needs defining.

I’d agree with most of them but not noticed it much at all with Shearer. Think him and Lineker have always been pretty balanced with us. He absolutely loved Aguero.

I’d agree with most of them but not noticed it much at all with Shearer. Think him and Lineker have always been pretty balanced with us. He absolutely loved Aguero.
I only threw in Shearer as I didn't realise he was the second commentator last night until late. His voice sounded much different on Amazon Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.