Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re newspapers if you join your local library and then download the PressReader App you get free access to the vast majority of British and International newspapers and magazines on your IPad etc. It certainly works for libraries in Lancashire.

Nope 20 article limit. I think it then resets after 7 days for me. I sometimes use a VPN as well.
Just the app; access through internet is completely free:

Reactions: PPT
Hells Bells…the bloke currently on Sly Sports Spews, supposedly a German Football expert (Nick Powell) was talking about Franz Beckenbauer and said that Trent Alexander Arnold was talked about now as a defender/midfielder and Beckenbauer did that when he was playing…of all the names to pick out of a hat as a comparison…the fact that Alexander Arnold is a crap right back has nothing to do with it I guess…the nearest we (England) have, even taking my blue tinted glasses off, is John Stones but Jeez…they just have to get them mentioned don’t they…
Beckenbauer famously only played the occasional game for West Germany because he couldn’t defend to save his life, so the similarities are obvious surely?

The ITV coverage tonight was something to behold…. 15 mins of Wigan famously beat Man City in a Cup Final followed by a Cup Draw where they showed the clubs and their ball number on the side of the screen. They had the Rags and Dippers prominently in place but completely forgot about the Cup holders. I noticed a couple of references to Liverpool being top of the league. ITV are absolutely hopeless and their agenda against us is right up there with BT/TNT, Sky and the Beeb. Incidentally it was nearly Sunday morning when they finally showed the Cup holders on MoTD.

Hells Bells…the bloke currently on Sly Sports Spews, supposedly a German Football expert (Nick Powell) was talking about Franz Beckenbauer and said that Trent Alexander Arnold was talked about now as a defender/midfielder and Beckenbauer did that when he was playing…of all the names to pick out of a hat as a comparison…the fact that Alexander Arnold is a crap right back has nothing to do with it I guess…the nearest we (England) have, even taking my blue tinted glasses off, is John Stones but Jeez…they just have to get them mentioned don’t they…
Hasn't John Stones been called 'The Barnsley Beckenbauer ' in his early days ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.