Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the irony here is, he couldn’t be any more irrelevant.. He’s a bit like a rich man’s Joey Barton, thinking he’s an intellect and superior to the rest of us, whereas reality tells a different story..
He regularly spouts shit in completely the wrong context or worse, uses words that either don’t exist or he’s bastardised through a lack of knowledge of the English language, to cobble together a sentence he thinks will make him appear clever …!

In short … He’s a ****…!!!!
He always reminds me of Donald Trump with his ‘Braggadocious’ comment, and in that short sentence, it tells you all you need to know about Jordan.

Further to previous comments regarding the absurdly unjustified lauding of Newcastle fans, a journalist called Tamara writing in the daily mail about fan complaints at late kick off times in London on 4th round weekend,refers to City supporters and Villa fans but feels the need to label Newcastle fans the “Toon Army”.

Army in this context implies a very large number of fans. We’ll have double the number of fans at Spurs that they will at Fulham. Lack of research Tamara or are you just happy to jump on the latest annoying bandwagon ?
Same as the BBC having to shoe horn “ the red devils” into every Rag story.

Vinny was interviewed afterwards and said the incident will probably attract maybe one or two lines in the media than it will be quickly forgotten and they will go back to talking about the Rags and Dippers.

He was as angry as I’ve seen him and even accidentally knocked his microphone over at one point, well said Vincent.
Vinny is much like the rest of the non-red football fraternity - we all know how these things work. The RDAHMeedya has been in the plucky Luton camp since they got in the PL.

I’ll raise you.
4 Carabao Cups on the run.
2 PL and FA Cup doubles
The English treble in one season.
The English Quadruple in one season.
3 PL Titles on the run.
The proper Treble. Just to be clear, THE PROPER TREBLE.
5 trophies in 1 calendar year.The FA Cup, the PL title, the Champions League trophy, the Super Cup, the World Club Champions trophy
100 PL Points.
Erm…..
Yeah, but apart from that, what else have we done? ;-)

Made a comment regarding the Burnley Luton game on the Telegraph website last night. All I said was that if Burnley wore an all red strip the goal wouldn't have stood. The comment was pulled!
I seem to recall a team playing in sky blue had a goal disallowed when someone put a hand on the goalkeeper of the team playing in scarlet. It would have been a winning goal but it got disallowed for a foul on the goalkeeper. I also recall some goalkeeper from a red, white, 'n black clad outfit clearing out a couple of players in an attempt to get a fist on the ball but getting nowhere near. A clear pen but VAR found it just a 'coming together'. It's all very well having a set of black and white laws but the whistling wankers, and the fools in the VAR shed are no more than common scoundrels when you see the staggering variation in calls that are fouls in one game and nowt in another. It's blatant cheating that they try to wrap up with the mealiest of mealy-mouthed explanations.

I know you put the word “soccer” in quotes as a seemingly negative connotation, but you should look up where that word comes from, who used it first, why, and why the word persists to this day!

When I was a kid, anyone using that term would get a well deserved slapping, and the people who coined the word were as clueless as the cretins running football's controlling bodies today. Football is our game and you are welcome to use 'gridiron' to describe the game you play over there.

Luke Edwards you say...

The Telegraph is seriously anti Manchester City and anything Arab / Muslim. It really is a total disgrace of a newspaper with the football reporting leading the way. Wouldn’t wipe my arse with it. Just the other day City gave an exclusive interview with Ake to the rabid rag that is James Ducker at the Telegraph. Last month they also gave him an exclusive interview with Haaland. Just why, is beyond me. He really does despise us and our owners, but we keep feeding him exclusives. Beats me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.