Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see all the articles behind paywall from any site by pasting the link to an article into some of the paywall bypass sites. You can find paywall bypass sites by googling words like: paywall bypass website
You don't need to as there is no paywall on the Guardian. It is asking to you to register for free. You just click on I do it later.

When I was a kid, anyone using that term would get a well deserved slapping, and the people who coined the word were as clueless as the cretins running football's controlling bodies today. Football is our game and you are welcome to use 'gridiron' to describe the game you play over there.
I always thought it came from a mangling of asSOCiation football! SOC? SOCCER?

GOAL! Newcastle 2-3 Man City (Bobb, 90+1)​

ONE FINAL TWIST IN THE TALE! Scored by Bobb, but constructed by De Bruyne.
The mark of champions? A stunning defence-splitting ball from the returning Dutchman takes Trippier and Schar out of the game, with Bobb plucking it out of the air like a veteran forward.
lcimg-7234c8bd-4d40-415b-a342-7b8d6394e96a.jpeg

That takes him inside of Trippier's hopeful lunge, before he sidefoots home past Dubravka's despairing dive.
FPL assist: De Bruyne

Even after all this time Sly still don’t know? Dutchman?

Fucking wankers at the Beeb giving us our usual coverage after a great win...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240113-195545_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113-195545_Chrome.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 117
I’m going to take it you didn’t read the article and you don’t know I’m from Manchester…but, yeah, let’s make up it was a Yank convention so we can feel superior about our non-gridiron football!
Who said anything about our game being superior? As far as i'm concerned people are entitled to watch and like whichever sport they want, but you can go back to the days of the old usenet foums when yanks invaded British football forums, sneering that their game was real football. I know they don't represent every American, but they were and sometimes still are a pain in the arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.