Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck him.
He attempted to sell his book on the shock, horror reveal that he was never "really" Irish.
Never mind the insult to the country that gave his limited talent significance.
His argument was that because his Irish grandfather (I think) was a man who stepped up and adopted and reared reared one of his parents, then obviously, his Irish roots are all a sham.
Take the piss about football, all ye want here but...

So....
Anybody who adopts a child, is not really their parent... like, not really. Not in Tony Cascarino's eyes.

What an ungrateful prick.
Tell that to my girls, and don't be surprised if you get a good kicking.

A repeat of the same article from last month.
Yeh it’s been edited probably by one word to give it a bump. It also makes no sense no rules have been broken and we have lost money but what we have done is terrible because it’s not far because other clubs carnt do it. All we seem to have done is give players longer to develop and help smaller clubs ok CFG clubs but still

Anyone seen that advert on Sky Sports for the Crews-Dexurn v Marshall boxing in Manchester in July?

Brilliant haha

And, talking of adverts, I was clocking BT Sports recently, and noticed an ad for how English teams have started to dominate the Chumps League again after decades. I think it's called 'Coming Back into the Sunshine' or some shite.

In the ad the showed all the 'recent' English club winners of the Chumps League... except for the latest ones.

I really can't think who they were...

Fuck him.
He attempted to sell his book on the shock, horror reveal that he was never "really" Irish.
Never mind the insult to the country that gave his limited talent significance.
His argument was that because his Irish grandfather (I think) was a man who stepped up and adopted and reared reared one of his parents, then obviously, his Irish roots are all a sham.
Take the piss about football, all ye want here but...

So....
Anybody who adopts a child, is not really their parent... like, not really. Not in Tony Cascarino's eyes.
What an ungrateful prick.

That really wasn’t what happened. Or at least not the story that was claimed.

He was told his biological grandfather was Irish and that was accepted and qualified him to play for them. It was only after he’d finished playing that his mother told him the bloke wasn’t actually his biological grandparent.

It’s a convenient story that may or may not be true. But either way it has nothing to do with his views on step parents.

If he does sign for Arsenal, it will because he wants to stay local, not because he's guaranteed a starting place and expects to win more with Arteta.
I'm personally not a fan of Rice. I think he's another one of those English players who is massively overhyped by the media.

However, if he goes to Arsenal the media hype will increase tenfold.

If he comes to us the media's take on him will become lukewarm.

It's one of those ridiculous situations where depending on where he ends up will define his abilities as a human being and a footballer in the eyes of the media.

I've been listening to them (journalists/pundits) talking about how great it will be for football and life in general if Rice goes to Arsenal and Mount goes to the rags.

Yet, in contrast to that anyone thinking of joining MCFC take heed. Because you'll be jeopardising your chance of playing for your country because you've wasted your season sat on the subs bench.
It's ridiculous that every player we don't sign (Bellingham etc.) Is exceptional. When Rice signs for Arsenal watch how exceptional he is. When he signs for us, watch how its a tough fit.

Oliver Kay on talking balls tonight comparing our owners buying City to the Nazi regime’s hosting of the 1936 Berlin Olympics in terms of “sports washing”. Genuinely unbelievable. I’m driving home thinking, “no, he can’t really have just done that can he? …”
Talking balls is right. Load of shite that show.

That really wasn’t what happened. Or at least not the story that was claimed.

He was told his biological grandfather was Irish and that was accepted and qualified him to play for them. It was only after he’d finished playing that his mother told him the bloke wasn’t actually his biological grandparent.

It’s a convenient story that may or may not be true. But either way it has nothing to do with his views on step parents.
Fair enough.
I have looked it up and my memory of the event was arse backwards. You're right, I'm wrong.
Thanks for the correctionsl. I've deleted my post.

Oliver Kay on talking balls tonight comparing our owners buying City to the Nazi regime’s hosting of the 1936 Berlin Olympics in terms of “sports washing”. Genuinely unbelievable. I’m driving home thinking, “no, he can’t really have just done that can he? …”
Well, he's a complete tit, then.

And if he really wants to bring the Nazis into a conversation about City, then he needs to read up on the 1937 City team refusing to respond with the Nazi salute in the Olympic Stadium in Berlin, prior to playing a German Select XI as champions of England in a representative match.

Unlike the craven response of FA forcing the England team to salute in the same stadium a year later when playing the German national side.

No matter what we have won or may yet win as trophies, that City side's refusal to salute the Nazis will always be our greatest achievement, in my opinion.

F**k the media, f**k the press with their agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.