Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid thing for me to do but clicked on Kays Twitter page.

And lo and behold he’s advertising some (fawning no doubt) book he’s written about some Utd player no one’s heard of.

Conclusion. He’s a Utd fan boy desperate for attention and business.

Stupid me.

Well, he's a complete tit, then.

And if he really wants to bring the Nazis into a conversation about City, then he needs to read up on the 1937 City team refusing to respond with the Nazi salute in the Olympic Stadium in Berlin, prior to playing a German Select XI as champions of England in a representative match.

Unlike the craven response of FA forcing the England team to salute in the same stadium a year later when playing the German national side.

No matter what we have won or may yet win as trophies, that City side's refusal to salute the Nazis will always be our greatest achievement, in my opinion.

F**k the media, f**k the press with their agenda.
Never knew that.

I'm personally not a fan of Rice. I think he's another one of those English players who is massively overhyped by the media.

However, if he goes to Arsenal the media hype will increase tenfold.

If he comes to us the media's take on him will become lukewarm.

It's one of those ridiculous situations where depending on where he ends up will define his abilities as a human being and a footballer in the eyes of the media.

I've been listening to them (journalists/pundits) talking about how great it will be for football and life in general if Rice goes to Arsenal and Mount goes to the rags.

Yet, in contrast to that anyone thinking of joining MCFC take heed. Because you'll be jeopardising your chance of playing for your country because you've wasted your season sat on the subs bench.
To be honest, I don't care much for international football and it's growing interference in the game. The ruling bodies want it to take precedence over club football and it's about time all clubs stood up against them. While most players want to represent their country they should recognise just who is responsible for their wealth, and it's not the money grubbing parasites of fifa, uefa or national associations. Some years ago they said they would cut down on the number of international breaks, instead there has been a large increase. It needs to stop.

When we have a feral media that discounted Pep winning the CL twice because he hadn't done it with City and questioned his stature in the game, then it's going to be the same negative attitude towards any player who signs for the club. Personally, I like Rice, but if he does sign for us he can expect to be booed by village idiots around the country.

To be honest, I don't care much for international football and it's growing interference in the game. The ruling bodies want it to take precedence over club football and it's about time all clubs stood up against them. While most players want to represent their country they should recognise just who is responsible for their wealth, and it's not the money grubbing parasites of fifa, uefa or national associations. Some years ago they said they would cut down on the number of international breaks, instead there has been a large increase. It needs to stop.

When we have a feral media that discounted Pep winning the CL twice because he hadn't done it with City and questioned his stature in the game, then it's going to be the same negative attitude towards any player who signs for the club. Personally, I like Rice, but if he does sign for us he can expect to be booed by village idiots around the country.
Spot-on. Apart from the latter stages of the WC and EUROS international football is dire. Virtually all the games are mismatches. In some cases England are playing teams with part-time players and the media are part of the charade, talking up perfomances against Malta and North Macedonia. The whole concept of playing for your country has been devalued. It is just another way for FIFA to milk the football cash cow. Club football is disrupted by ludicrous international breaks and we have to listen to lickspittle's like Southgate criticising our players. A total joke.

You're preaching to the converted.

I can't stand international football let alone much care for it.

I would love nothing more than every City player to say to their respective international managers thanks but no thanks.

The point I was making is how the media use this "sitting on the bench narrative" in the hope players will think twice before signing for City.

I'm personally not a fan of Rice. I think he's another one of those English players who is massively overhyped by the media.

However, if he goes to Arsenal the media hype will increase tenfold.

If he comes to us the media's take on him will become lukewarm.
I don't have anything against Rice but agree that he is hyped up above his level, no way is he a £100m+ player, just as Jack wasn't but that was the price in the clause. Rice would not want to move as cover for Rodri, and I don't like the likely negative impact on midfield creativity if he became part of a defensive pair in there, especially with JohnBoy already stepping into, and beyond, that area.
Wouldn't worry me if Rice went to Arsenal, who need him much more than we do, and be quite happy for Mount to go to rags too, he's fallen off a cliff in last 18 months, complete waste of a starting place for england at WC.

Spot-on. Apart from the latter stages of the WC and EUROS international football is dire. Virtually all the games are mismatches. In some cases England are playing teams with part-time players and the media are part of the charade, talking up perfomances against Malta and North Macedonia. The whole concept of playing for your country has been devalued. It is just another way for FIFA to milk the football cash cow. Club football is disrupted by ludicrous international breaks and we have to listen to lickspittle's like Southgate criticising our players. A total joke.
Hear hear. You've got my support in your campaign.

Did you see that ludicrous display by Arsenal last night?

Well, he's a complete tit, then.

And if he really wants to bring the Nazis into a conversation about City, then he needs to read up on the 1937 City team refusing to respond with the Nazi salute in the Olympic Stadium in Berlin, prior to playing a German Select XI as champions of England in a representative match.

Unlike the craven response of FA forcing the England team to salute in the same stadium a year later when playing the German national side.

No matter what we have won or may yet win as trophies, that City side's refusal to salute the Nazis will always be our greatest achievement, in my opinion.

F**k the media, f**k the press with their agenda.
Should be a hate crime to compare anything to the Nazis or the Holocaust.
Lazy, nasty, sensationalist, ignorant and vile to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.