Media Discussion - 2023/24

The bitterness from Jonathan Liew's latest spewings over at The Guardian.

Shan't be linking it for the obvious but I found the below passage a particular high/ point of the article.

'Beyond that, a frightening calm. There is a school of thought out there that City is a club driven by grudges and enmities, fuelled by antagonism and spoiling for scraps at any opportunity. Perhaps this is true at a boardroom level, or on the wild frontiers of the internet, where City fans remain unrivalled in their capacity to nurture conspiracy theories and illusory slights, desperate to be hated.' :-)

Screenshot_2024-05-10-23-09-22-30_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Shan't be linking it for the obvious but I found the below passage a particular high/ point of the article.

'Beyond that, a frightening calm. There is a school of thought out there that City is a club driven by grudges and enmities, fuelled by antagonism and spoiling for scraps at any opportunity. Perhaps this is true at a boardroom level, or on the wild frontiers of the internet, where City fans remain unrivalled in their capacity to nurture conspiracy theories and illusory slights, desperate to be hated.' :-)

View attachment 118229
The main thing about this is that it's bollocks - every single media outlet is watching for that spurs game and thinks it's our banana skin. It's always there. It might be, but what fake football cunts like Liew don't realise is that as a team, we've already won - to be here after the treble last year - it's fucking incredible, and unfortunately his cuntish bias can't get past that. Shame really. The twat.

View attachment 118229
I can just picture his tears splashing on his keyboard and him stamping his feet in impotent rage when he typed up that steaming pile of shite.

This, for me, is the argument for why our 100 points was more impressive than Arsenal’s “invincible” season.

We would have beaten them with our points total, so by the only measure that really matters, ours was a greater achievement.

That’s even ignoring that we actually conceded just 1 more goal and kept 2 more clean sheets than they did, as well, whilst winning 6 more games.

Winning 26 games and drawing 12 is not more impressive than winning 32, losing just 2, with 4 draws.
If you had £100,000 and could put it on either of these 2 bets and you get 10/1

Go the entire season unbeaten

Get 100 pemier league points

Pep knew the one you pick is his priority, i can guarentee 99% of us would put our money on the unbeaten season. Why? Because it’s easier

Everyone tries to win as many games as possible and maximum points - 100 points only done once and every team sets out to do this every season.

Go unbeaten all season, only done once but nobody sets out at the beginning of the season to do this
Most teams could give it a go by sticking 11 men behind the ball every game

If you had £100,000 and could put it on either of these 2 bets and you get 10/1

Go the entire season unbeaten

Get 100 pemier league points

Pep knew the one you pick is his priority, i can guarentee 99% of us would put our money on the unbeaten season. Why? Because it’s easier

Everyone tries to win as many games as possible and maximum points - 100 points only done once and every team sets out to do this every season.

Go unbeaten all season, only done once but nobody sets out at the beginning of the season to do this
Most teams could give it a go by sticking 11 men behind the ball every game
As other have pointed out for years, you can go unbeaten and get relegated (would have been the case in several seasons over the past ten years), so it shouldn’t be the main aim of any club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.