Media Discussion - 2023/24

Yet more bullshit on the BBC website this morning about photographs of City and utd players.
Some geezer called Mike Henson has put his name to it.
The underlying narrative is that City pics don't sell, and the world wakes up to utd pics.
I'm actually in admiration for the multitude of different negative news directions the media Johnny's can create to have a pop at us and massage the rags ego's. It takes journalistic shithousery to new levels.
Every day there is a new one.
I found the first part of this quote especially baffling

When South America wake up they instantly search 'Man United', when Hong Kong and China wake up, they do the same.

Because it’s plainly untrue.

It is, and any keyword search volume tool can tell you that. Random country (Argentina) average search volume:

View attachment 120053

The BBC, never letting the truth get in the way of a good Man united fluff piece.
Not that I’m especially arsed how ‘massive‘ we (or any other club) are in South America, but other sad fucks clearly are - hence the lie.

Not that I’m especially arsed how ‘massive‘ we (or any other club) are in South America, but other sad fucks clearly are - hence the lie.
That's exactly how I feel. I really couldn't care less but it's the bollocks and hypocrisy that pisses me off, not whether we're "bigger than united".

Sportbible, football 365, two more outlets to consign to the scrapheap. Every day without fail they run a rehashed 115 story nothing new in it, basically they're just wanting Pep to leave, the bitter cunts

The latest overlap thing is aimed at rag, arse, dip supporters. What else would you expect with a show consisting of Keane,Wright,Neville and Carragher?

The money is still with those 3 fanbases instead of the team in blue that always wins.

Nit picking at our achievements again. But what about the charges? Everything won is based on disregarding the ffp rules. No mention that a lot were not in place at the time. Asterisk this and asterisk that from wright, bitter fool.

GPC is the best manager but pep is the best league manager. Again, can’t just say that pep has blown down the doors off. Trying to fit Klopp into a 5 man short list.

Anyway, it’s pathetic and unfortunately city as a media organisation have no answer to it. Prime have a new 99 doc out now aswell, 25 years later.

After the charges I would like city to take a much more robust stance with the media in general. We have climbed the mountain and winning the narrative is now more important than ever.

Centurions
Treble
5 trophies
4 peat
Etc

No need to play nice anymore.
Hopefully the gloves come off when we're cleared, if not I will properly despair with the bigwigs at City

Sportbible, football 365, two more outlets to consign to the scrapheap. Every day without fail they run a rehashed 115 story nothing new in it, basically they're just wanting Pep to leave, the bitter cunts

115 has been very good for some of the various pages out there on social media. Put some unsubstantiated shite about it and it brings in the masses either crying about City not being punished yet or when City are going to the national league. Some of these pages have even resorted to making up completely untrue quotes from the likes of Patrice Evra for them to get angry about.

It’s like someone has a bot farm working away driving negative content. We’ve seen the Russians are pass masters at it, it’s obvious some club or clubs sent hackers after City. Clear and obvious in whatever their motivations and intentions to smear the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.