Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s disgusting how we are ignored.

In line for another double, after a treble, 4 on the run, beautiful football, and yet the media basically ignore us, and the national tv station asks our manager the unbelievable question “do people like your team”?

It's never been so important to be liked all of a sudden. Was the the Liverpool team of the 70s and 80s liked? If the old Red Cartel liked us we'd be doing something very very wrong.

and how hammers should win to thank arse for d rice
I think this comes from a place of weakness.

It's not exactly what I'd call a champions mentally; Arteta pleading with David Moyes and West Ham to do him a favour.

I would imagine that if the shoe was on the other foot Pep would be referencing how we lost the initiative and take responsibility for that.

I'm pretty sure privately Arteta is fuming he wasn't more offensive at the Etihad.

I love how the media have been forced to summarise Klopp's tenure at Liverpool as describing him as "a great human being".

Klopp and his dentures couldn't go the distance on the pitch and his season fizzled out like a damp squid leaving him with only the league cup like a forlorn boy holding his Teddy bear down by his side.

Sly Sports tried in vain to parade his trophy haul to highlight the incredible impact he has had at the club. Unfortunately for them we have that pesky thing called 'Social Media' which compared his trophies to Pep's and had the reverse effect of making him look a bit average at best.

The narrative has turned to that special relationship he has cultivated with those good folk of Merseyside and we've seen some endearing footage of him visiting poorly children and encouraging local musicians.

Meanwhile, in the real world............
I was just thinking about this. Given the universal outpouring of love and respect for Klopp, I wonder what the media will do when a Manager who has actually done something spectacular decides to call it a day. My guess is it won’t be a love-in.

In line for another double, after a treble, 4 on the run, beautiful football, and yet the media basically ignore us, and the national tv station asks our manager the unbelievable question “do people like your team”?
Plus Arsenal are really just an expensive copy of our team but far more cynical but its never going to get mentioned

We'll never be respected.

The media in the UK is overrun with utd and liverpool players and utd and liverpool fans who aren't from Manchester. Meaning they chose to support them when they were winning things and now they're not they're very bitter and can't quite believe it - only way to have been overtaken is through cheating; the only explanation.

Instead of doing a joke Pep should have tore them a new one and called out the bias.

But to do that he would have needed to be prepared for such questions by a fierce media team which sadly we do not have.

Our media team think being nice and friendly will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.