Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking about this. Given the universal outpouring of love and respect for Klopp, I wonder what the media will do when a Manager who has actually done something spectacular decides to call it a day. My guess is it won’t be a love-in.
You're right. It won't.

However, it will be the greatest celebration this current crop of hacks will have ever planned.

The hatred we get from

Sky
BT
ITV
Every newspaper including the “Manchester” one
The publicly funded BBC
Uefa
The FA
The premier league

All of em

It would be a surprise if PIGMOB didn’t hate us
7FPt.gif

I was just thinking about this. Given the universal outpouring of love and respect for Klopp, I wonder what the media will do when a Manager who has actually done something spectacular decides to call it a day. My guess is it won’t be a love-in.
Sky Sports news will play Fiesta by the Pogues.

Talkshite will do a phone in saying Klopp was better.

Perhaps we just over think the press/media in this country ? Do they have that much influence on the world stage ? It's the world stage that City operate on.
Has it stopped big worldwide companies from sponsoring City ?
Has it slowed our momentum ?
Has it stopped world class players from coming to City.
Has it stopped the growth in new fans worldwide ?
Has it stopped the redevelopment of East Manchester ?
Does our club seem worried about the press/media in the UK?

In the grand scheme of things the UK press/media are playing to a small group of people. Which is getting smaller by the day.
Rags and dippers is their target, and to be fair its their knobhead section of fans. Than people like Goldbrigde plays them for knobheads and earns a mint lol.

I don't give two fucks about the press/media and I'm sure the club the players etc feel the same

I think this comes from a place of weakness.

It's not exactly what I'd call a champions mentally; Arteta pleading with David Moyes and West Ham to do him a favour.

I would imagine that if the shoe was on the other foot Pep would be referencing how we lost the initiative and take responsibility for that.

I'm pretty sure privately Arteta is fuming he wasn't more offensive at the Etihad.
I thought Arteta was offensive at the Etihad, like he always is.

Perhaps we just over think the press/media in this country ? Do they have that much influence on the world stage ? It's the world stage that City operate on.
Has it stopped big worldwide companies from sponsoring City ?
Has it slowed our momentum ?
Has it stopped world class players from coming to City.
Has it stopped the growth in new fans worldwide ?
Has it stopped the redevelopment of East Manchester ?
Does our club seem worried about the press/media in the UK?

In the grand scheme of things the UK press/media are playing to a small group of people. Which is getting smaller by the day.
Rags and dippers is their target, and to be fair its their knobhead section of fans. Than people like Goldbrigde plays them for knobheads and earns a mint lol.

I don't give two fucks about the press/media and I'm sure the club the players etc feel the same
They are just the bullies in the local primary school playground. Unfortunately for them we have left and play in the worlds playground where the riches are immense. They have yet to pass their 11+ and if they do they will find they cant bully the world.

At least Henry can,be ballanced, as he just said, unless they win don't talk, don't criticise city don't be cokcy as a tarquin

Ultimately

Our squad got weaker and has suffered big player injuries
Arse stengthened and have kept consistency all season.
Liverpool improved (or so they claimed till 3 weeks ago, now they are a weak squad again).

The difference is Pep expects us to go out and win and if we do great
Arteta came to our place for a draw, that mentality is why we are again on the cusp amd they needed spurs or west ham to help them.

but you won't read or hear that in the press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.