Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
End of the day Richard Masters has brought the PL into disrepute. The PL tarnished and its Champions world elite flagship football club tainted with rumour and accusations. This is only going to end one way and badly for Masters . The Red Cartel suits annd media are protecting Masters for now but it will all unfold rapidly in a few months . The greatest football league in the world turned into a laughing stock .
“You chose. Poorly”

What a classic line that was, and very apt here.

More podcast shit. Another media scourge.

In a call for swift action, Ferdinand encouraged the Premier League to "knuckle down" and sort out City's predicament for the broader "betterment of the game". He underlined: "The powers that be need to make sure that they finalise this as soon as possible.

Does he want them to drop charges & issue an unequivocal apology?

That’s the only way Rios timeline & demands can be met.

i think the media at the moment is playing a very very dangerous game and while i am not advocating it i think it is only a matter of time before one of them faces physical consequences for their actions and then they will cry victim when in reality they have brought it upon themselves, it is beyond reason to think that you can keep on denigrating something people hold as closely as family over and over and over again for clicks and engagement and expect their to be no recourse.

The media are serving fan bases of two/three "other" teams, we all know that, because of their numbers. Pieces by Liew et al are not written for City fans. They've nothing to inform us of after all, we've seen all the action, know all the rumours, they've got nothing, on the whole. I do wonder why on earth a United fan would read such a piece either to be honest - is it really comforting to them, is it really helping as a coping mechanism?

It probably doesn't belong in this thread (or any other i can see), but here goes anyway. Every week for the 9320 pod i interview an opposition fan (with a couple of obvious exceptions), and the VAST majority wish City well, and talk openly (off air at least) of their hatred of our rivals' fans. I asked a couple if they were just being nice because we were chatting rather than on twitter, i was openly sceptical over time, and they said no, they hate <insert team x> and were desperate for City to prevail. Not because we're the good guys (ownership/wealth side of things anyway), but because of us, the fans, generally. The reason certain fan bases are hated is their arrogance and complete cult-like lack of awareness of their perception, and desperate need for approval. Let's never become that. The media need to realise that too, they're not just serving them and their armies of rabid fans desperate for validation. They also need to realise that the same team winning the league every season may not be good for them, may not be good for competition, but it will not damage the "brand" one iota, and it will not damage the interest of fans of other teams - after all, the Premier League is not just about the title race, they would do well to remember that. And if City win ten titles in a row, but always on the last day, then the league is by definition ultra-competitive, whatever the end result. They would probably do well to remember also that for City fans, 115 charges is not remotely hanging over any of these achievements, as we have all lived the dream and have memories to last a hundred lifetimes, and nothing that happens in the future will change that, asterisks and all.

Probably should get some work done now.

The media are serving fan bases of two/three "other" teams, we all know that, because of their numbers. Pieces by Liew et al are not written for City fans. They've nothing to inform us of after all, we've seen all the action, know all the rumours, they've got nothing, on the whole. I do wonder why on earth a United fan would read such a piece either to be honest - is it really comforting to them, is it really helping as a coping mechanism?

It probably doesn't belong in this thread (or any other i can see), but here goes anyway. Every week for the 9320 pod i interview an opposition fan (with a couple of obvious exceptions), and the VAST majority wish City well, and talk openly (off air at least) of their hatred of our rivals' fans. I asked a couple if they were just being nice because we were chatting rather than on twitter, i was openly sceptical over time, and they said no, they hate <insert team x> and were desperate for City to prevail. Not because we're the good guys (ownership/wealth side of things anyway), but because of us, the fans, generally. The reason certain fan bases are hated is their arrogance and complete cult-like lack of awareness of their perception, and desperate need for approval. Let's never become that. The media need to realise that too, they're not just serving them and their armies of rabid fans desperate for validation. They also need to realise that the same team winning the league every season may not be good for them, may not be good for competition, but it will not damage the "brand" one iota, and it will not damage the interest of fans of other teams - after all, the Premier League is not just about the title race, they would do well to remember that. And if City win ten titles in a row, but always on the last day, then the league is by definition ultra-competitive, whatever the end result. They would probably do well to remember also that for City fans, 115 charges is not remotely hanging over any of these achievements, as we have all lived the dream and have memories to last a hundred lifetimes, and nothing that happens in the future will change that, asterisks and all.

Probably should get some work done now.

That’s my perception from chats with all other fans. They fucking hate Dippers & Rags & listen to condescending bullshit from them at work all the time, they smile & ignore all the tales of how great they are & sit watching City saying go on & then trot into work & say hard luck.

A Leicester fan told me he was shocked how City fans wished them well after getting beat & putting them in pole position for the title. He said it’s refreshing we’ve stayed humble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.