Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently the club believes staying quiet is the best way, but I believe that’s an old fashioned point of view, social media ruins our credibility as a club.
Programs such as “match of the day” Lineker makes a comment of our impending 115 and it’s all over social media
Social media has zero credibility and anyone that gives it any is part of the problem, the people on there hold no sway, they are just idiots shouting into the void and to pay any attention to it gives it credence it does not deserve.

It seems that Arsenal supporters have suddenly discovered Der Spiegel or some of the other bits that have been around for months or even years.

I’ve seen loads of reposts about the British Embassy speaking to UAE about the charges like it’s a new embassy exclusive - ffs that came out months ago.

It seems that Arsenal supporters have suddenly discovered Der Spiegel or some of the other bits that have been around for months or even years.

I’ve seen loads of reposts about the British Embassy speaking to UAE about the charges like it’s a new embassy exclusive - ffs that came out months ago.
But they don't care about City though, don't forget.

The narrative was entirely predictable in the event of us winning four in a row.
I really don’t bother inflicting the nonsense from the so called journalists and social media on my brain.
I’m pacified by knowing the psychological pain on the red cartel is deep and hurting like mad.

I think the club has been, and continues to be, sleeping when it comes to the propaganda war in the media and social media.

They chose to try to be nice to the traditional media and that has got the club no where. In fact the vitriol has become worse.

There is also no pushback on social media. The amount of lies about the fanbase, crowd size at stadium or celebration's. The official twitter account could take the piss out of it all like specsavers, aldi, etc.

We also have no former players in a prominent position - Micah isn't it.

The redshirts dominate the media in this country and they are shaping people's views of the club and its achievements and what they say goes.

It's all very well trying to be above it all but if you want to cement your legacy in the wider football world and grow the fanbase you have to counter it.

Not least because it's left up to the fans to do it and it seems exhausting for many.
The fanbase is growing regardless of what some bitter red shirts have to say, I take my lad to several footy clubs/sessions and the amount of City shirts worn is remarkable, absolutely the most from one club. That generation are going to grow up and by and large all the usual suspects talking shite now in 10-20 years won't be prominent.

Yeh it's get tedious for us to have to put up with now but I assume the Club think it's for the greater good.

|Headline From todays Daily Telegraph

Diplomatic Gulf​

The decision to block a UAE-backed takeover of The Telegraph has damaged relations with the Gulf state, a former Cabinet minister has warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.