Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media are serving fan bases of two/three "other" teams, we all know that, because of their numbers. Pieces by Liew et al are not written for City fans. They've nothing to inform us of after all, we've seen all the action, know all the rumours, they've got nothing, on the whole. I do wonder why on earth a United fan would read such a piece either to be honest - is it really comforting to them, is it really helping as a coping mechanism?

It probably doesn't belong in this thread (or any other i can see), but here goes anyway. Every week for the 9320 pod i interview an opposition fan (with a couple of obvious exceptions), and the VAST majority wish City well, and talk openly (off air at least) of their hatred of our rivals' fans. I asked a couple if they were just being nice because we were chatting rather than on twitter, i was openly sceptical over time, and they said no, they hate <insert team x> and were desperate for City to prevail. Not because we're the good guys (ownership/wealth side of things anyway), but because of us, the fans, generally. The reason certain fan bases are hated is their arrogance and complete cult-like lack of awareness of their perception, and desperate need for approval. Let's never become that. The media need to realise that too, they're not just serving them and their armies of rabid fans desperate for validation. They also need to realise that the same team winning the league every season may not be good for them, may not be good for competition, but it will not damage the "brand" one iota, and it will not damage the interest of fans of other teams - after all, the Premier League is not just about the title race, they would do well to remember that. And if City win ten titles in a row, but always on the last day, then the league is by definition ultra-competitive, whatever the end result. They would probably do well to remember also that for City fans, 115 charges is not remotely hanging over any of these achievements, as we have all lived the dream and have memories to last a hundred lifetimes, and nothing that happens in the future will change that, asterisks and all.

Probably should get some work done now.
They listen because to them we are the enemy, we have taken their position in the football hierarchy, and if it's negative news or opinions it helps cement their opinions and gives them a sense of community and some cases reinforces their sense of victimhood, now if the articles were on the whole very positive they would not read them, just like I don't read positive stuff about our rivals, the sports media is on it's arse, their are vast sources of information and the established outlets have to get some way to get the clicks, and at the moment to be negative about City is getting the clicks they desire

Now just imagine if some major scandal engulfed one of the Red clubs, one never knows what's around the corner, there will be some scramberling about

I’ve closed my X /Twitter account.

The only thing I was getting off Elon Musk and his X/Twitter website without using related words in X/Twitter search was bitter ‘Liverpool’, United, and Arsenal fans going on about 115 with the odd City fan related X/Twitter page fighting back, as well as pointless and uninteresting videos that I’ve got no interest in, and constant ads. As many other ex-Twitter users have commented, Musk has turned Twitter, now X , into an (unregulated) cesspit.
Choose a word for all the haters

Gallagher taking on all comers alone “cuckoo” was his response

They listen because to them we are the enemy, we have taken their position in the football hierarchy, and if it's negative news or opinions it helps cement their opinions and gives them a sense of community and some cases reinforces their sense of victimhood, now if the articles were on the whole very positive they would not read them, just like I don't read positive stuff about our rivals, the sports media is on it's arse, their are vast sources of information and the established outlets have to get some way to get the clicks, and at the moment to be negative about City is getting the clicks they desire

Now just imagine if some major scandal engulfed one of the Red clubs, one never knows what's around the corner, there will be some scramberling about
they listen to them because they need to believe that we are cheats, its central to their mental wellbeing, to admit that we are a better team than them just by being better run would absolutely destroy their ideology that the dippers and rags are the best team ever and can only ever be beaten by someone cheating, they do it because they dont just want to believe the nonsense that the press spouts they need to.

I think the club has been, and continues to be, sleeping when it comes to the propaganda war in the media and social media.

They chose to try to be nice to the traditional media and that has got the club no where. In fact the vitriol has become worse.

There is also no pushback on social media. The amount of lies about the fanbase, crowd size at stadium or celebration's. The official twitter account could take the piss out of it all like specsavers, aldi, etc.

We also have no former players in a prominent position - Micah isn't it.

The redshirts dominate the media in this country and they are shaping people's views of the club and its achievements and what they say goes.

It's all very well trying to be above it all but if you want to cement your legacy in the wider football world and grow the fanbase you have to counter it.

Not least because it's left up to the fans to do it and it seems exhausting for many.

I think the club has been, and continues to be, sleeping when it comes to the propaganda war in the media and social media.

They chose to try to be nice to the traditional media and that has got the club no where. In fact the vitriol has become worse.

There is also no pushback on social media. The amount of lies about the fanbase, crowd size at stadium or celebration's. The official twitter account could take the piss out of it all like specsavers, aldi, etc.

The redshirts dominate the media in this country and they are shaping people's views of the club and its achievements and what they say goes.

It's all very well trying to be above it all but if you want to cement your legacy in the wider football world and grow the fanbase you have to counter it.

Not least because it's left up to the fans to do it and it seems exhausting for many.
Currently the club believes staying quiet is the best way, but I believe that’s an old fashioned point of view, social media ruins our credibility as a club.
Programs such as “match of the day” Lineker makes a comment of our impending 115 and it’s all over social media

The media are serving fan bases of two/three "other" teams, we all know that, because of their numbers. Pieces by Liew et al are not written for City fans. They've nothing to inform us of after all, we've seen all the action, know all the rumours, they've got nothing, on the whole. I do wonder why on earth a United fan would read such a piece either to be honest - is it really comforting to them, is it really helping as a coping mechanism?

It probably doesn't belong in this thread (or any other i can see), but here goes anyway. Every week for the 9320 pod i interview an opposition fan (with a couple of obvious exceptions), and the VAST majority wish City well, and talk openly (off air at least) of their hatred of our rivals' fans. I asked a couple if they were just being nice because we were chatting rather than on twitter, i was openly sceptical over time, and they said no, they hate <insert team x> and were desperate for City to prevail. Not because we're the good guys (ownership/wealth side of things anyway), but because of us, the fans, generally. The reason certain fan bases are hated is their arrogance and complete cult-like lack of awareness of their perception, and desperate need for approval. Let's never become that. The media need to realise that too, they're not just serving them and their armies of rabid fans desperate for validation. They also need to realise that the same team winning the league every season may not be good for them, may not be good for competition, but it will not damage the "brand" one iota, and it will not damage the interest of fans of other teams - after all, the Premier League is not just about the title race, they would do well to remember that. And if City win ten titles in a row, but always on the last day, then the league is by definition ultra-competitive, whatever the end result. They would probably do well to remember also that for City fans, 115 charges is not remotely hanging over any of these achievements, as we have all lived the dream and have memories to last a hundred lifetimes, and nothing that happens in the future will change that, asterisks and all.

Probably should get some work done now.

No you shouldn't. Write some more :)

While i agree with you in some respects, we are sort of looking at it from a FOCs point of view, the fanbase we would be looking to grow doesnt consume the news in the same way that we do and have literally zero interest in the views of retired footballers or the ramblings of an idiot in the daily mail, there is no point in targeting the daily mail or bbc crowd as there opinions are set and nothing will change them , we will be targeting the global fanbase of china, usa etc etc and the fact that we are the most watched team in those places suggests that the strategy is working and while it is exhausting fighting against the tide of nonsense that the press in this country keep on with in reality it is better to rise above it and just keep on winning as nothing on earth will change the opinion of the rags and dippers who need to believe we have done something in order to keep their fantasy that the rags and dippers are not special, are not institutions, are not the superpowers they claim to be and are in fact just another club same as anyone else albeit with detestable entitled fans but no better than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.