Media Discussion - 2023/24

Well there in is an entirely other issue of how the media portray success.

Virtually every article on the web states that in bacon face's 27 yrs he won 38 major trophies but when you look at the trophies to get to that number you have to include the 10 community/charity shields.

In reality he won an average of just over 1 per year, because as you rightly say its a meaningless trophy. Pep has won 15 so far with City, not including charity shields. If we win the FA Cup thats an average of 2 per season.
Correct.

Add to that the fact that there were no limits on his spending or squad size and it becomes a very different environment that Pep has had to operate in.

Pep is better in every respect.

Jelly and cream, party hats, bouncy castle, crisps and nuts.

By the "cynics"; you mean those that possess the power of accurate observation.
Syed is a ****, for example.
I was born a cynic, and it's stood me in good stead watching City for decades and particularly since the Good Sheikh bought the club and we started putting a few noses out of joint. And then there's VAR! The answer to VAR in its present iteration is a good dose of cynicism.

Football journalism in the mainstream media is all but finished now. No point worrying about it.
There is nothing other than clicks & readership numbers. There's no cross subsidisation of sports from other parts of the newspaper or media group as they ain't making money either.
So you either get clicks and reads or you get let go. You see several journalists mention the numbers certain articles get & they can't be daft enough to ignore that. They don't need an editor or other manager to prompt them what to write about.

If City get big enough we'll get more and more articles and not just ones that are done to please the fans of the existing big 3 clubs.
Personally I genuinely hope that doesn't happen, I don't want us to have as many fans as them, or fans like theirs.

Correct.

Add to that the fact that there were no limits on his spending or squad size and it becomes a very different environment that Pep has had to operate in.

Pep is better in every respect.

Jelly and cream, party hats, bouncy castle, crisps and nuts.
Not to mention, positive fawning media,biggest budget in England before Abramovic landed,officialdom in his pocket (Fergie time was laughed and parodied but in reality was downright cheating), no FFP, Scholes allowed to blunt the opposition (literally).
The list is endless and he was a moaning ,ungracious loser!

I didn't think I could dislike any "journalist' more than I do with Ian ' Grubby Club' Herbert, but Snidey ' Magical ' Syed has just come straight in with a bullet at #No 1. That article needs bringing to the attention of media team at City and imo he needs a letter or a verbal warning at the minimum. Absolutely despicable.
No doubt our media team will give him an exclusive interview with one of our world famous superstar’s as a thank you.

Not to mention, positive fawning media,biggest budget in England before Abramovic landed,officialdom in his pocket (Fergie time was laughed and parodied but in reality was downright cheating), no FFP, Scholes allowed to blunt the opposition (literally).
The list is endless and he was a moaning ,ungracious loser!
Talking of budgets, corrected for inflation this article from Sky states during piscan's time at the rags he spent the equivalent of £3.5Bn on players.

So lets work out the average...

Over 27yrs with £3.5Bn spent thats £130m rounded up per season.

Pep 8 yrs with £1Bn spent thats £125m per season.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...erdinand-top-all-time-inflation-adjusted-fees

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.