Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
And us FOCs also remember Jim Laker and John Arlott who made Cricket commentary so appealing at that time.
John Arlott, (wasn't he a decent footballer in his time?), once said whilst commenting on a Sunday 40 overs game, John Player sponsored league? A relatively unknown player:

"And if you think you've seen this lad on TV before, you probably have"

Was watching with my Dad, we waited with anticipation as Arlott just proceeded to carry on the commentary without telling us what he'd done/been in. No Google in those days obviously, still waiting for the answer!

Never understand why companies do this. If I bought Dominos. Tweets like this would make me choose somewhere else.

For the record Papa John's is number 1 for pizza

Looks like whoever's bright idea it was spunked on the chair in excitement - I guess their staff normally reserve that for customers pizzas!

As a teenage cricket fan during the school holidays I was pretty much glued to the TV to watch the England Test Matches, Ritchie Benaud opened one day with:

Good morning
It's a lovely day for cricket
And if you haven't got a ticket
You're not getting in

No waffle, just told it as it was, I agree the greatest ever Cricket Commentator and probably the best Sports Commentator there's been in my lifetime, I also enjoyed listening to Peter Alliss on the golf.
Yep so was I. It was first ball day one to last ball day 5 every test. During lunch and tea breaks it was outside to play cricket and replay the morning session or afternoon session as best we could, then after tea straight out again to continue being England v West Indies or whatever country was touring at the time. Great times and great commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.