Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You wont let us brainwash you, with our sensationalism, our misinformation, our diversion, our emotional manipulation.... Sure it sounds a lot like tried and tested propaganda tactics but don't you dare point the finger at our practices, that's not on... You must have been 'weaponised'. City fans, WE BEG YOU, have some morals like us. Do as you're told. Enough is enough!"

Bore off Herbert!, you're the one who has been weaponised, you bigoted little cretin of a man.

These frauds just sit around thinking of buzzwords, to get the emotional reactions they desperately desire. What they really don't like, is people are starting to think for themselves more and fact check more and call them on their bullshit.

Edit: What else would you expect from someone who calls Nick Harris a friend though? : "A friend had a brick put through one of his windows after a sequence of pieces which calmly and rigorously dissected Manchester City’s complicated relationship with financial spending rules, a few years back." - What a load of BS.

Hypodermic Needle Theory [Magic Bullet Theory of Communication]
the vulnerable public is akin to a ‘sitting duck’ incapable of escaping the oncoming barrage of media indoctrination. Consequently, the theory holds that the creators of media content can readily manipulate an intended audience and significantly shape its conduct. It has therefore been criticized for seeing individuals as passive in the process.

How long have we been seeing this from them, when you think about it?:

"Don't look at United or Liverpool, that's just erm 'whataboutery' innit... I mean, yeah it's wrong/yeah they broke the rules/yeah they did things against the spirit of the game-competition but it's not a big deal... THIS over here is the most important thing in football, it's a threat to it's whole existence. Everyone needs to be very concerned about this. It's mostly accurate too, except for the important parts!"...

Until the narrative no longer works against City because a cartel club becomes equally or more culpable for it. Then it's on to the next angle of attack.

Last edited:
As said earlier in the thread, the use of interloper here is bordering racist. In effect he's saying 'they need to get out of our country'. City should demand a formal apology, at the VERY least
Yep, initially invite him in for a friendly chat on neutral ground, maybe in an embassy or diplomatic mission.

Hopefully that would resolve things to our satisfaction.

Just to pick one out from his deranged postings. Apparently we are wrong not to show respect for the ticket tout. His own brother showed him zero respect. He hated him. The man was a shithouse rat towards his parents, why does Herbert expect, nay demand, we show him respect?

Arsehole.

That last article is actually quite a good piece from the editor of Football365, calling out Herbert over a bizarre article he wrote about Charlton before the Derby last year.

Reminiscent of the article by Charlie Malam, slagging off City fans for ‘booing James Milner’s every touch’ in Kompany’s testimonial, when Milner didn’t even play in the game.

Herbert didn’t quite go as far as pretending his article was written after the game. But rather slagged off City fans in anticipation of the booing he was predicting. I’m pretty sure, as with Munich anniversary game, that the occasion was observed impeccably by City fans anyway. So I’ll assume there’s an article of apology somewhere in his archives.

The article also points out that the whole premise that Charlton made a significant contribution to Manchester getting the Commonwealth Games, is complete bullshit anyway. They were the only bidders, so the bid was waved through as successful without the need for a vote.

My issue with journos like Herbert are they demand respect for former players who have died.

I will decide who I show respect to thanks and, because I'm a grown up (my wife would question that!) I'll decide how I demonstrate that.

Add to that telling me that I should be questioning MY club is akin to telling me who I should vote for.

IMO MY club are taking on the bullies and, you know what, I ******* proud to be associated with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.