Media Discussion - 2023/24

We have the same desperate inclusion of some players regardless of how well they fit the team, that we have had for decades. Rice, Bellingham and Foden picks itself based on performance, however much I despise the Bellingham hype train. Arnold is simply not in that league as a central midfielder. He is back-up to Walker, at best, because he is not as good a defender as Walker, nor as good a midfielder as the three mentioned. With those three central midfielders, Saka or Palmer wide right, and Grealish/Eze out on the left, we would be sorted. Sadly, we are not, and we shoehorn Arnold into midfield and shuffle the PL Player of the Season out to the wide left. We won, fine, but that team will not beat the best teams without an awful lot of luck. Hopefully, he will learn, but I am not hopeful.

Last edited:
5 Live is now Radio Jude; why do we do it? I have now had to turn it off as Southgate is asked, specifically, about Jude Bellingham.

Pre match the whole Trent thing was aweful, the pundits were practically creaming themselves over his inclusion in midfield. The reality is he’s just not that good in my opinion wherever he plays
You'd have to be pissed off if you were Grealish, Maddison or any other England midfielder that was left out if a poor right back took your place in midfield.

The BBC rate your player has Foden as dead last with a rating under 5, with Kobbie Mainoo above him, a player who as far as i remember touched the ball zero times. A nice reminder that there's a lot of angry irish, fake scousers and southerners who can't quite comprehend that we've destroyed their whole history of football dominance in the past 7 years. We've took everything they cared about, and crushed it into a blue shaped hole in their soul. Its more beautiful than anything we could have possibly imagined.
Nicely put.

Only Southgate can play a player of the season in a different position to that of how he gained such an award.

Shunt Saka onto the left and see how he gets on with a right footed left back coming inside and not creating any space for him. During the hatchet job in Foden by the BBC last night Ferdinand had to get in how great Paul Scholes was at adapting. Then Mica Richards shut him down highlighting that he never did it for England.

I had a feeling Southgate would try playing three right backs in the same team but surely he wouldn’t be daft enough to try it. Bloody hell I was wrong. They can’t keep that system going next game, Foden will be the casualty of it all and will probably end up on the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.