Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
aftv should be shut down, its an embarrassment to all concerned. They have no right or reason to comment on anything , they just shout louder than anyone else and in this social media driven world it has got them an audience and a platform and they have started believing their own hype and bullshit.

For reference, Leicester had a statement victory in this fixture two years ago. They are now playing in the championship.
The dippers last year as well. I can remember a while back the rags beat us in this fixture and were destined for greatness too. But perhaps it was a missed opportunity to destroy their confidence for good if this is how they viewed the game. We use this fixture which we are involved in most seasons as part of the build up to the season not the start of it. I would much prefer us to lift the Cup in a couple of weeks.

Exactly this.

Ideally the co-commentator would be neutral but at the very least they should offer some insight.

Dixon was like an old man in the park ranting about how he doesn't "get" formations, rule changes are always bad, my teddy bear is called such-and-such. It was just weird. And when your coverage is already on the back foot because of Twatterface, it just seems like ITV didn't want to be there.
The commentator should tell us what happened, the analyst why it happened. Dixon doesn’t understand the modern game and should be put out to pasture

The commentator should tell us what happened, the analyst why it happened. Dixon doesn’t understand the modern game and should be put out to pasture
all commentators are the same these days they either spend their time trying to be funny which is cringeworthy or giving their opinon which i am not in the least bit bothered about, you're the commentator and you have one simple albeit unnecessary job and that is to tell people the action as it is happening, other than that be silent your input is neither wanted or necessary

Exactly this.

Ideally the co-commentator would be neutral but at the very least they should offer some insight.

Dixon was like an old man in the park ranting about how he doesn't "get" formations, rule changes are always bad, my teddy bear is called such-and-such. It was just weird. And when your coverage is already on the back foot because of Twatterface, it just seems like ITV didn't want to be there.

you wouldn't think he was a blue as a kid would you.

all commentators are the same these days they either spend their time trying to be funny which is cringeworthy or giving their opinon which i am not in the least bit bothered about, you're the commentator and you have one simple albeit unnecessary job and that is to tell people the action as it is happening, other than that be silent your input is neither wanted or necessary
Being an FOC (Fairly Old Chap?), my eyesight is not too good and I don't own a cinema-sizes TV. When the camera appears to be filming from the nearest airport, I often cannot make out the shirt numbers and rely on the commentator to identify the player on the ball. However, all too often, Waldorf & Statler are discussing what colour to paint fencing or their favourite cake. I expect they must get irritated when a goal is scored and they have to break off!

Exactly this.

Agree with you.

Wasn't at Wembley yesterday due to our usual group either being on holiday, having other family commitments and, of course, the protest against the original kick-off time/supporting the food banks campaign.

Watching on ITV was a salutary reminder of why I love being at the game itself rather than depending on television/radio commentary.

Matterface is just a monotone drone; dull, dull, dull; duller than the dullest ditchwater.

And Dixon might've been a pretty decent full-back in his day but an insightful expert he certainly is not. Like you I rolled my eyes when he mentioned that he 'doesn't do formations' (I mean, what is the point of you being there then Lee? Goodness sake, it's your job to explain such things!)

It wasn't long after that he called into action the old commentators' favourite (yawn!) when suggesting Arsenal might 'leave a foot in, to let City know they mean business'.

Dreadful commentary all afternoon. Any road up, I'll stop whingeing on about it and finish off completing our squad's application forms to enrol in Chloe Kelly's 'How To Take Penalties' summer school course..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.