Media Discussion - 2023/24

It's fucking mad.

I mean, there are some teams that would just NEVER be moved that have multiple decades of heritage (if someone tried to move the Chicago Bears, hell would break loose), but owners have held teams for ransom trying to get taxpayer money to fund a new stadium.

Because they're franchises belonging to the league, it's just an accepted part of it. Imagine being a St Louis Rams fan, in St Louis, Missouri when you find out the owner has decided to move your team to Los Angeles.
One of the few bits of knowledge regarding American Football that I have in my (admittedly underused!) brain is that The Rams originated in Cleveland, then moved to LA, then to St Louis and finally back to LA again. Apparently, this makes them the only team to have won the big championship prizes (is it 'The Supper Bowl' thingy, or whatever it's called..?!) for three cities.

As you say, it's 'mad'.

And as for bringing in that kind of thinking into our historic game (both here and in Europe), well all I'd say to the Americans, with their 'no relegation while siphoning off club profits' franchise mentality, is simply this:

'You can get to fuck with that for a game of soldiers..'

Last edited:
One of the few bits of knowledge regarding American Football that I have in my (admittedly underused!) brain is that The Rams originated in Cleveland, then moved to LA, then to St Louis and finally back to LA again. Apparently, this makes them the only team to have won the big championship prizes (is it 'The Supper Bowl' thingy, or whatever it's called..?!)

As you say, it's 'mad'.

And as for bringing in that kind of thinking into our historic game (both here and in Europe), well all I'd say to the Americans, with their 'no relegation while siphoning off club profits' franchise mentality, is simply this:

The Raiders started out in Oakland, relocated to LA, then relocated back to Oakland before moving to Las Vegas. The Cardinals started in Chicago (under another name), relocated to St Louis and then moved to Arizona. The Colts started in Baltimore and relocated to Indianapolis. The Houston Oilers became the Tennessee Titans following relocation to Nashville. The Chargers had their first season in LA before relocating to San Diego and then back to LA.

The Raiders started out in Oakland, relocated to LA, then relocated back to Oakland before moving to Las Vegas. The Cardinals started in Chicago (under another name), relocated to St Louis and then moved to Arizona. The Colts started in Baltimore and relocated to Indianapolis. The Houston Oilers became the Tennessee Titans following relocation to Nashville. The Chargers had their first season in LA before relocating to San Diego and then back to LA.

One of the few bits of knowledge regarding American Football that I have in my (admittedly underused!) brain is that The Rams originated in Cleveland, then moved to LA, then to St Louis and finally back to LA again. Apparently, this makes them the only team to have won the big championship prizes (is it 'The Supper Bowl' thingy, or whatever it's called..?!)

As you say, it's 'mad'.

Exactly. And this is why I will always maintain Americans are worse for the game than owners from anywhere else.

They will bleed the game dry with every ounce of their strength. US sports tickets have priced out the average fan and games are now just basically opportunities for rich people and celebrities to be seen on TV cameras.

Look at Inter Miami. They had a dedicated fanbase that watched their ticket prices skyrocket once the league and Apple brought in you know who for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.