Media Discussion - 2023/24

Samuel, is the best of a very bad bunch, by some considerable distance. However, the article in The Times today regarding KDB is out of order and most unlike him to be fair. But saying that when one one of the greatest players of the Premiership era is out injured is good for football, is a very strange take on things.
I didn't se it like that at all.
Said KDB was possibly his favourite player.

He is merely stating that KDB is injured and that it opens up opportunities for other teams, not that he wishes he is injured.

Sorry I don’t see anything in that post indicating Silva61 is frightened of the GPC.
I am also not frightened of the GPC.
But, he (with the very influential David Gill) had a strong control of the media (e.g. barring certain journalists from press conferences) and referees. Remember how he managed to not talk to BBC, for what seemed ages, due to the BBC Panorama programme about his son's football agency links with MUFC ?
He also built up a right network of other managers (Allardyce & Pulis for example) that were within his power/influence. This was extended with ex-MUFC players becoming managers such as Bruce and Mark Hughes.
The GPC was a very powerful and influential man. Much more than any other modern day manager such as Shankly, Revie or Paisley.
Thankfully, despite what we think, the general media are not as "frightened" of MUFC as they one were - although the BBC Sports department, in Media City, still seem shit-scared of upsetting the Rags...

According to those fuckers at sky, none of City’s signings have ever been any good. They’ve been at this bollocks for years.
Obvious really, after all we’ve just completed a threeple, won the treble and Super Club, having had the best eveare no good r season of any club in the history of English football. Experts, eh ?
Sky Sports really is for fucking morons.
They always say our signings are no good then fast forward it to later in the season and they change it to our unlimited funds means we simply buy the best players so of course we won.

Smooth Radio and it’s play list of 20 tracks and loads of adverts, just make your own playlists and listen to that.

Also Talkshite has news bulletins through the day now on the half hour and hour, only used to do the former on the early and late shows, what’s the point?

Nearly everyone can access the news on their phones or 24 news channels these days, all non news stations should bin news bulletins, they’re just not needed. With adverts, news and promoting channel content there’s little time to broadcast the output the station is supposed to be there for.
Only one station I listen to. No news, presenters not celebs and good album music.

Freeview 277

Only one station I listen to. No news, presenters not celebs and good album music.

Freeview 277
Are Johnny Walker, Tommy Vance & Emperor Rosko still rocking on Radio Caroline ?

Freeview 277
Cheers, just located it in my “Radio Player” app, had no idea about this station, I know it was going in the 60’s when a lot of future Radio One DJ’s started out.

Cheers, just located it in my “Radio Player” app, had no idea about this station, I know it was going in the 60’s when a lot of future Radio One DJ’s started out.
Like I say, presenters are radio local at best, but the music is always good and only the odd advert for stuff in Essex and Norwich areas as that's where it's based now.

A very good point.
Years ago football journalists would wax lyrical about the game they loved,it was a pleasure to read match reports in newspapers.
Nowadays,all we get is how much the player cost,how much he earns (yawn)It's not a football report,more a jealous snide attack on some club or other.
Where did the true football journalists go to?
So true. And it has all become bitter and political. I saw an article from Ian Herbert suggesting the Women's World Cup organisers had not done enough to address the human rights of indigenous peoples in Australia implying the event was some sort of sportswashing stunt. All the way to Australia to cover the women's World Cup and he creates some sort of Sixth Form political thesis instead of covering the football. Some of these football hacks are just using their jobs as a vehicle for their own personal crusades and conspiracy theories. No wonder most of the mainstream media is in a spiral of decline.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.