Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read Martins article. All he is doing is pointing out the gulf in class even without our best players. It's also why those dickheads at Sky don't want talk about us because more people will turn off if all they say is how fantastic ( and innocent) we are!
I don't want us to win everything all the time - we've been on the other end of that and it's horrible and depressing.

If I was a non city supporter, reading that, I would be filled with dread. Maybe they will wake up soon. If the Arse and Chelsea can spend what they have and still not get near us, even when we are not at our strongest then they are fecked.

It would have been swept under the carpet in my opinion

It would have been swept under the carpet in my opinion.
Look at the way the club are handling it, were money is involved their morals go out the window, they have reacted to pressure from the public not the press.
It simply wouldn’t be possible for a story that is so public, that extends into the subject of rape, coercive behaviour and sexual politics to be swept under the carpet. Prince Andrew is at the very heart of the establishment and he spectacularly failed in managing it, and I’m sure Ferguson would too. In fact, no one would be capable of sweeping such a thing under the carpet, once that recording was out there

Just because he exercised power over much of the football media doesn’t make him a wizard. You are ascribing him powers he does not, and never did posses. Even at his peak, he could not have contained this story in the way you perceive - because it extends way beyond football.

I fully agree about united’s shifting position though. They have been appallingly advised, negligently so imo.

I think you are completely wrong on both counts.

He was never afraid to jettison players he saw as a threat to team and club harmony and had a good nose for this. Greenwood was plainly such a player.

And the notion that the media would 100% support him keeping Greenwood in the squad means you think journalists who champion victims of domestic abuse would take a different view if the **** was in charge instead of Ten Hag, which is preposterous.

Why are you still so frightened of the old **** after all these years?
They've been weak over Greenwood. Ferguson was a hard nosed bastard he'd have got rid.

Didn’t his son plead guilty to Domestic Violence?
No idea but I'm not saying Ferguson would have got rid of Greenwood because he's a champion against domestic abuse.
It's been clear since the story first broke that Greenwood was finished. Ferguson would have made it look like utd had taken the moral high ground.

It simply wouldn’t be possible for a story that is so public, that extends into the subject of rape, coercive behaviour and sexual politics to be swept under the carpet. Prince Andrew is at the very heart of the establishment and he spectacularly failed in managing it, and I’m sure Ferguson would too. In fact, no one would be capable of sweeping such a thing under the carpet, once that recording was out there

Just because he exercised power over much of the football media doesn’t make him a wizard. You are ascribing him powers he does not, and never did posses. Even at his peak, he could not have contained this story in the way you perceive - because it extends way beyond football.

I fully agree about united’s shifting position though. They have been appallingly advised, negligently so imo.
Ferguson achieved a good measure of his success by bluster, bluff 'n bullying, but somethings and a good number of people, thankfully, refuse to kow-tow and be bullied on certain issues, and I think this is one of them. And no PR machine will be able to throw a cover on it and say "Nothing to see here!'

Ferguson achieved a good measure of his success by bluster, bluff 'n bullying, but somethings and a good number of people, thankfully, refuse to kow-tow and be bullied on certain issues, and I think this is one of them. And no PR machine will be able to throw a cover on it and say "Nothing to see here!'
There are things even that **** couldn’t contain. Like you say, DE, this is one of them. And I suspect he’d have realised that and got rid pronto.

There are things even that **** couldn’t contain. Like you say, DE, this is one of them. And I suspect he’d have realised that and got rid pronto.
No spin or PR would have deflected from the recording and photos that were released. Anyone trying to bury it would have ended up destroying there own credibility and put them straight in the firing line including Ferguson.

No doubt many within united were sat there thinking how they could protect a £100m asset (many club officials would do the same) but the majority of most clubs fan bases would want him gone and it would have been a turkey shoot from the media.

Suspect he will end up in France. Obviously a view within the club from some they might be able to hold onto him and it would blow over before they saw sense - would not like to guess which side of the fence Ferguson sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.