Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your response pretty much proves my point. Two games against teams you have never heard of that may or may have not won a competition in something that is of a significantly lower standard than what were used to adds another string to our bow? It's going to be a weak string that may snap at any point ;) I honestly laughed my tits off at Dipper fans in 2019 who said this and now here are Blues doing the same thing, I honestly thought we were better!
God you’re patronising - you must be right. But we can’t all be as “better” as you

Hey, I know you're joking but wasn't that part of the narrative after the Watford Cup Final? That we were disrespecting the traditions of the Cup or some other shite.

I may be wrong as my memory ain't what it used to be and may beers have been consumed since...
Yes it was. Even more prominent was the criticism of City's 9-0 win over Burton Albion. Even Burton manager Nigel Clough said City DID respect them by putting a strong team out against them.

Yes it was. Even more prominent was the criticism of City's 9-0 win over Burton Albion. Even Burton manager Nigel Clough said City DID respect them by putting a strong team out against them.
We did repect Burton by not getting in to double figures that night didn't we!(I'm sure lots of us wonder if we'll ever actually do another 'Huddersfield 'at some point?)
Nigel Clough was very gracious that night in his post match comments (unlike countless other managers of much bigger teams who go on about how unfair it is to have to play us!) Mr Clough junior did go up in my estimation after that, though it was pretty low in truth beforehand having seen him 'play' for us back in the 90s!!

The World Club Championship is the world charity shield, like the European Super Cup is the European Charity Shield.

I always want City to win, every match, but I'm not that bothered if we lose a friendly, like the charity shield.
But the game is changing with the impending World Club Championship. Next season it is becoming a FIFA-backed 32 team tournament contested by all the best clubs in the world who qualify for it. The aim is to become a rival for the World Cup itself and I am sure FIFA will eventually make it happen. Personally I think club football will dominate in the future because both UEFA and FIFA know it is a bigger cash cow than meaningless International qualifiers.
So winning the World Club Championship in this pre-cursor would be great for City in my view. City v Boca Juniors would be a bigger match globally than any England match (other than the final stages of major tournaments).

I see David Conn has an exclusive about UEFA submitting fake evidence to the enquiry on the Paris Champions League final. Is this the same David Conn who expressed outrage at City querying the motives of UEFA’s investigatory panel, swearing blind they were all serious upright figures who should be respected?

I see David Conn has an exclusive about UEFA submitting fake evidence to the enquiry on the Paris Champions League final. Is this the same David Conn who expressed outrage at City querying the motives of UEFA’s investigatory panel, swearing blind they were all serious upright figures who should be respected?
Yep. That David Conn. The journalist who used, or appeared, to be one of the few with some integrity but is now just as big a snake as the rest.

My take on this is that Ceferin has upset the cartel, maybe over being too close to us or maybe not doing what he's told by them. They're having a go at him through this mate of his who's UEFA's Head of Security and have been for some time.

So Conn has quoted this disgruntled former employee, who's trying to shift the blame the investigating panel put on her and her team, saying it was largely the fault of the Paris police. We know from our experience in Istanbul that UEFA are a bunch of useless cunts who couldn't give a shit about ordinary fans. We don't need an investigating panel to tell us that.

It's interesting, and maybe not coincidental, that the club hasn't come out with any public criticism of UEFA over the mess in Istanbul. It just seems, to me, to add to the suspicion that we're Ceferin and UEFA's best mates at the moment.

Last edited:
IMG_1267.jpeg

Your response pretty much proves my point. Two games against teams you have never heard of that may or may have not won a competition in something that is of a significantly lower standard than what were used to adds another string to our bow? It's going to be a weak string that may snap at any point ;) I honestly laughed my tits off at Dipper fans in 2019 who said this and now here are Blues doing the same thing, I honestly thought we were better!
Winning this would be just part of our portfolio. The game is now a global business and being in the World club championship is just one part of making City a global giant. By increasing income this way it means we are not reliant on our owner to put money in. If it means foregoing the league cup then whilst not nice I think its worth it for sure.
It does not matter what the standard is - the impact comes from being in it and winning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.