Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning this would be just part of our portfolio. The game is now a global business and being in the World club championship is just one part of making City a global giant. By increasing income this way it means we are not reliant on our owner to put money in. If it means foregoing the league cup then whilst not nice I think its worth it for sure.
It does not matter what the standard is - the impact comes from being in it and winning
Yep, I had a post on my Facebook page this morning from the official Man City FB site with a couple of pictures of 17 year old True Grant (just the pictures, no other comment included), he's a goalie in the U18s/EDS. There are currently over 170 comments and they're vastly, overwhelmingly from non-UK based fans. We are a global club now, like it or not.

I wonder if he'll be involved in some capacity tomorrow? Perhaps on the bench as cover for Ederson?

Edit:-https://www.facebook.com/mancity/posts/pfbid02o35v7srmoPL68ySUX6bRZSrbfijY7Hmpfr5ynScBm8s8VH1AqA4nJEHMrJuGNDS6l&show_text=true&width=500

Winning this would be just part of our portfolio. The game is now a global business and being in the World club championship is just one part of making City a global giant. By increasing income this way it means we are not reliant on our owner to put money in. If it means foregoing the league cup then whilst not nice I think its worth it for sure.
It does not matter what the standard is - the impact comes from being in it and winning
Going into the revamped club world cup as current champions (and hopefully retained CL challengers) will put the focus on us to be favourites for the new tournament. I can see us going balls deep to win it. As you say it's all about the world profile over a few bitter redshirts.

When I travel around Europe there's a lot of fans that have huge respect for us and our team.

Understand your points but it’s important to note that our owner does NOT put money into our club. We are entirely self sufficient

If we blues get this fact wrong then it’s understandable why every other clubs fans think we are owner (NOT STATE) funded

Yep, I had a post on my Facebook page this morning from the official Man City FB site with a couple of pictures of 17 year old True Grant (just the pictures, no other comment included), he's a goalie in the U18s/EDS. There are currently over 170 comments and they're vastly, overwhelmingly from non-UK based fans. We are a global club now, like it or not.

I wonder if he'll be involved in some capacity tomorrow? Perhaps on the bench as cover for Ederson?

Edit:-https://www.facebook.com/mancity/posts/pfbid02o35v7srmoPL68ySUX6bRZSrbfijY7Hmpfr5ynScBm8s8VH1AqA4nJEHMrJuGNDS6l&show_text=true&width=500
It hurts the red clubs that we are now so so global :) :)

why? I never understand it, I live in North London now and watch Enfield..and City when i can... but as i was born in North Manc my dad took me every week after my sat morning match..should be a local thing football really. All this global b*llocks
Because he is a life long blue , we went to games for many yrs , should we have broken his heart and said no there is a new rule that because we are living away from manchester we cant go ?

Last edited:
We did repect Burton by not getting in to double figures that night didn't we!(I'm sure lots of us wonder if we'll ever actually do another 'Huddersfield 'at some point?)
Nigel Clough was very gracious that night in his post match comments (unlike countless other managers of much bigger teams who go on about how unfair it is to have to play us!) Mr Clough junior did go up in my estimation after that, though it was pretty low in truth beforehand having seen him 'play' for us back in the 90s!!
He made a brilliant reply when a journalist asked him, can you pinpoint when it went wrong?
He said "When the draw was made"

My mistake
Let’s not rewrite history like the Scousers - the game in Kiev was on the Wednesday. The kids did OK against Chelsea anyway, it was 1-1 at half time and it was more Willy having a mare in nets that made it 5-1 in the end
My mistake I thought it was Tuesday.
Nobody is rewriting history!
A combination of superior fitness, experience and strength from Chelsea meant we were never going through.

It hurts the red clubs that we are now so so global :) :)
Travelled alot during the last several years and our presence has been gradually increasing.
I originally didn't buy-in to winning the CL would be a big step-changer. However, I recently went to the states and the number of sports outlets carrying our merchandise front and centre has blown up.
In the Florida Mall and Disney Springs they have a treble display in the shop front windows.
We truly are massive now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.