Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again it just goes to show HOW good of a team we have been under pep the media are cock a hoop over any positive result for the opposition,for gods sake we’ve lost something like 3 -4 games in 8 months yes a few the last couple of weeks,I’d be more worried when everyone is fit and firing teams beware ..

Again it just goes to show HOW good of a team we have been under pep the media are cock a hoop over any positive result for the opposition,for gods sake we’ve lost something like 3 -4 games in 8 months yes a few the last couple of weeks,I’d be more worried when everyone is fit and firing teams beware ..
Yeah, it's amazing. They've (the press) been bottling up their frustration for quite a few years, writing headlines and stories in their heads just waiting for the moment to use them. Problem is, they used up all that pent up frustration on a deflected goal win when a number of key players were missing for us. I'm sure we will remind them at the end of the season

Compare and contrast when City went to Liepzig midweek and pulled off a good win against a team that hasn’t lost at home for over 12 months. Nothing to be seen in the national newspapers but when we lose to Arsenal in October they have their pens out writing about how it’s a major blow in the title race.

we have conceded and ended up losing both times to them now with flukey spammy deflected goals, hardly the stuff of roy of the rovers is it really??!!! the over reaction to it all is hilarious, when you think that nobody gives a shit about little city apparently. Lets see whos smiling come may i say
Yep, a trip to the emirates and a trip to anfield are the 2 trickiest games.
We went to one of those without the two most influential midfielders in Europe, and with players bedding in, didn‘t play very well and lost to one of those ‘could have gone anywhere‘ type deflections.
If anyone wants to construe this as arsenal being better than us then as you say, we’ll see who’s smiling in May.
They are without doubt a good side but we saw nothing to suggest that they are serious threats to us.

I love this sort of argument. In nigh on every single walk of life the best end up at the top with access to the best resources as a result. The fact that there are non-league sides emulating the football that Pep has pioneered, every manager in the division copying inverted fullbacks, fullbacks playing in midfield… and pretty soon centre backs moving into midfield says all you need to know. Discrediting the man because he’s got expensive players and hasn’t decided to manage Luton to prove himself to troglodytes like John O’Sullivan is just bitterness personified.
....... is the correct answer.

Compare and contrast when City went to Liepzig midweek and pulled off a good win against a team that hasn’t lost at home for over 12 months. Nothing to be seen in the national newspapers but when we lose to Arsenal in October they have their pens out writing about how it’s a major blow in the title race.
It's us vs the world, but with every passing successful season it becomes more spiteful and toxic from the media.
I could see us winning the Champions league again this season and it being classed as a failure of a season by the haters if it ended up being our only trophy.
That's how sad they are

If Klopp had substituted on Keita, Nunez and Oxlade Chamberlain last season for example, then that’s £160m also

Would someone reply and tell that prick that

Messi has never been sold for a transfer fee.

Ellaquim Mangala is better than Lionel Messi.

I'm sick of the "transfer funds are the only reason we're good" argument when United are right there proving you actually have to know how to coach and strategise.

Let's wait and see. He hasn't done it at the top level yet. Playing for Real Madrid in Spain agaiinst weak opposition is not that difficult. Not saying he won't become a great player but at the moment he has not done much more than Brahim Diaz, whatever the English press say.
Sorry man, that is just a ridiculous comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.