Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky and MOTD are at least consistent on the double standards towards City vs their darling clubs. Kova apparently should have been given a straight red for a late challenge(orange card, would have been a harsh red but we've seen them given), that wasn't even above ankle height as I remember it. They were also alluding to the intent(as if they know for sure) to injure a player or endanger them. Even though there was no back and forth before it, that I noticed. Meanwhile, just last week they(Sky and MOTD), did all they could to take any focus off of Hwang's two orange card fouls in the first half away at Wolves. The first was way too high for a studs up challenge, it should have been looked at by VAR given the height and Akanji's reaction. The second was a shin smash, leading with the studs up, both of those were worse than Kova's orange card foul.

That said, Kova should still have walked for two yellow card fouls. That's how easy it is to keep the same energy, it's so blatant what the broadcasters are doing. This is why we need to be on their backs when they try and bury these poor decisions when City are on the receiving end. They wont hesitate to kick up a fuss and milk it, when the shoe is on the other foot.

We know what we're up against, cunts the lot of them. At least Kovacic didn't score the winner against them like what happened to us. I wish he had though. Oh and Apparently Oliver was visiting the UAE last week too.

In fairness if I was an Arsenal fan I would have been screaming for Kovacic to walk too lol.

Any chance someone could provide the premier league net spends by club for the last 6 years? I know it was available for the last 5 years a year ago and I think City were 7th with less than half the net spend of arsenal?

Oh and Apparently Oliver was visiting the UAE last week too.
Liverpool fans started that one, which was already embaressing. But Arsenal fans picking it up and running with it, considering they've had sponsor links with the UAE longer than City have, it just shows how entitled and desperate they are.

City fans would rightly get laughed at, if they went around making such conspiracies based purely on refs visiting or reffing the odd game in the USA. Why the F does that matter? Why are they acting like controversial Ref calls/mistakes aren't happening every other week. City weren't involved at all in the Liverpool game either and they still tried that tinfoil hat on for size, demanding investigations. It's basically them showing that they think: "Any dealings with Arabs has to involve corruption because Arabs are bad". Which is why Arsenal fans especially need to take a step back and look at themselves.

The UK press/sports media has a lot to answer for, they've wilfully encouraged these attitudes for years.

Last edited:
that knob warnock just been spreading myth Klopp wouldve won more than pep with his budget and edwards and klopp signed some great players but missed bit about help ftom our data base
You could even possibly put a case foward that Klopp has under achieved at Liverpool .
True, they have played some good football without doubt, that can't be disputed.
However, with the huge amounts of money he has had to spend one Premier League is a poor return (which is the hardest one to win of the lot) Take out those 2 European/ World Super cups things we are in this year his trophy count isn't massive (certainly not compared to the hype that surrounds him).
There have been also been a couple of seasons (last season was one)where they have also been way off the pace in the Title Race. Not saying he's a bad manager but certainly not at the same level as Pep!!

You could even possibly put a case foward that Klopp has under achieved at Liverpool .
True, they have played some good football without doubt, that can't be disputed.
However, with the huge amounts of money he has had to spend one Premier League is a poor return (which is the hardest one to win of the lot) Take out those 2 European/ World Super cups things we are in this year his trophy count isn't massive (certainly not compared to the hype that surrounds him).
There have been also been a couple of seasons (last season was one)where they have also been way off the pace in the Title Race. Not saying he's a bad manager but certainly not at the same level as Pep!!

Klopp spent 750m 2 major trophies

Awww poor Nick isn't taking Kevin Parkers comments too well. As for mentioning us as supporters attacking him and other journalists it's laughable. I know what I'd like to see happen.

Just to remind everyone, Harris (and his pals) conducted sustained camapigns of harassment against me, Gary James, Rabin and others. Fuck him.

We know what we're up against, cunts the lot of them. At least Kovacic didn't score the winner against them like what happened to us. I wish he had though. Oh and Apparently Oliver was visiting the UAE last week too.

In fairness if I was an Arsenal fan I would have been screaming for Kovacic to walk too lol.
Not forgetting, we weren't the only ones impacted. Hwang scored against Villa on Saturday, when he should have been serving a suspension.

Yeah, but surely the seasons when the meds wear off, should be discounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.