Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry man, that is just a ridiculous comparison.
I know Bellingham is light years better than Brahim Diaz. The point I am trying to make is you can't trust the hype in the English media when it comes to young players with great potential. Perhaps Isco would have been a better example to use. Ripping up teams in the Spanish league (which is very poor these days) or in International football (which has become a joke) is not the benchmark to use. It's not that long since we were being told Jadon Sancho was world-class.

that knob warnock just been spreading myth Klopp wouldve won more than pep with his budget and edwards and klopp signed some great players but missed bit about help ftom our data base
Poor jurgen unable to compete with City’s spending. He’s done it on a shoestring of 1 billion euros since he’s been at Liverpool, don’t know how he’s coped. Bless.

I know Bellingham is light years better than Brahim Diaz. The point I am trying to make is you can't trust the hype in the English media when it comes to young players with great potential. Perhaps Isco would have been a better example to use. Ripping up teams in the Spanish league (which is very poor these days) or in International football (which has become a joke) is not the benchmark to use. It's not that long since we were being told Jadon Sancho was world-class.
I don't look at the media, I can see he is a talented lad because I have eyes and after 50+ years on the planet I can understand a talented player when I see one.
Dortmund - Success - tick
England - Success - tick
Real Madrid - started off brilliantly - tick

Ran City ragged in the CL - tick

Nobody on this forum said Sancho was world class lol, as for Isco he managed 353 games for Real, I mean how shabby a talent do you think that is?

What benchmark do you actually want to use?

I appreciate everybody can have an opinion and maybe we will have to agree to disagree, I'd have had him at City whatever the fee.

Won’t link to it, but I think Barney Roney’s finally run out of people to swing at….

Sky and MOTD are at least consistent on the double standards towards City vs their darling clubs. Kova apparently should have been given a straight red for a late challenge(orange card, would have been a harsh red but we've seen them given), that wasn't even above ankle height as I remember it. They were also alluding to the intent(as if they know for sure) to injure a player or endanger them. Even though there was no back and forth before it, that I noticed. Meanwhile, just last week they(Sky and MOTD), did all they could to take any focus off of Hwang's two orange card fouls in the first half away at Wolves. The first was way too high for a studs up challenge, it should have been looked at by VAR given the height and Akanji's reaction. The second was a shin smash, leading with the studs up, both of those were worse than Kova's orange card foul.

That said, Kova should still have walked for two yellow card fouls. That's how easy it is to keep the same energy, it's so blatant what the broadcasters are doing. This is why we need to be on their backs when they try and bury these poor decisions when City are on the receiving end. They wont hesitate to kick up a fuss and milk it, when the shoe is on the other foot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.