Media Discussion - 2023/24

Young lads being young lads!! No way should they get anything more than a few games ban. Anything else is just City trying to appease the "tut tut" masses. Do I like what they said, no but should they be castigated forever, absolutely not. We all did and said stupid things when we were younger but thankfully mine weren't filmed and posted for all to see!

May have been mentioned elsewhere but remember when Frank Lampard was one of a number of pro players having a pop at some Americans in the airport, post 9/11. Pissed up, stupid and insensitive but he turned out to be a decent enough chap didn't he? So will these lads probably! Mind you, I think John Terry was one of the others, so might not be the strongest argument !!
Ban them. Fine them. Post their pictures on the billboards in Manchester.

and how exactly have i been disrespectful, have i abused him or his memory in any way, have i slandered him. Just because some kids chanted about him on tik tok all of a sudden the worlds gone mad about how disrespectful and awful our fan base is as a whole, the whole faux moral outrage and trial by media is just becoming tiresome tbh.

What you may find disrespectful, i may not and vice versa, but its this groupthink mentality that we all have to cowtow because a footballer has passed, do we think that charlton etc has always been respectful of us, in my personal dealings with him, he was incredibly arrogant, rude and disrespectful but now im supposed to say otherwise.

A caveat to all this is that not having tik tok i dont know what the chant was and while i probably dont agree with the content of it, i think we are on dangerous territory with the morality police denying peoples right to say it.
I’ve thought this many a time about when people die

Suddenly their actual character is forgotten

He has forgotten the bit about United being relegated and their fans rampaging all over the country attacking women and children and taunting Cardiff City fans about the Aberfan disaster. They were the most despised team in England then. Just as well some of us were around in those times and can remember what really happened so we can correct some of the fake news circulating in the current mainstream media.

Last edited:
Forgive me if already posted, I could find anything in search. Although I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it if not.

Strangely I don't recall him mentioning the minute's silence for the Queen at Anfield being cut to 25 seconds because of dippers chanting and booing, some of their fans singing "Lizzie's in a box" in a Glasgow pub before the Rangers game and LFC being forced to close off comments on its official tribute to the Queen because there were so many vile comments posted on it.

Strangely I don't recall him mentioning the minute's silence for the Queen at Anfield being cut to 25 seconds because of dippers chanting and booing, some of their fans singing "Lizzie's in a box" in a Glasgow pub before the Rangers game and LFC being forced to close off comments on its official tribute to the Queen because there were so many vile comments posted on it.
Probably because slagging us gets him lots of likes from the average window licking football fan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.