Media Discussion - 2023/24

Gary O'Neil on MNF.

How long before the ponce of a presenter and the scouse gobshite start the wankathon about them beating us.
Good lad. He just reeled off managers, and none of them were Tenth Hag.

He has the neatest hair cut in football btw.

Last edited:
and how exactly have i been disrespectful, have i abused him or his memory in any way, have i slandered him. Just because some kids chanted about him on tik tok all of a sudden the worlds gone mad about how disrespectful and awful our fan base is as a whole, the whole faux moral outrage and trial by media is just becoming tiresome tbh.

What you may find disrespectful, i may not and vice versa, but its this groupthink mentality that we all have to cowtow because a footballer has passed, do we think that charlton etc has always been respectful of us, in my personal dealings with him, he was incredibly arrogant, rude and disrespectful but now im supposed to say otherwise.

A caveat to all this is that not having tik tok i dont know what the chant was and while i probably dont agree with the content of it, i think we are on dangerous territory with the morality police denying peoples right to say it.

We don't have to pay faux tributes to everyone who has died. There are many people that had questionable histories that don't deserve our respect, and people are justified in celebrating their passing. I'm talking about serial killers, child abusers etc.

There are people we have personal negative experiences of. There are people whose political views are different to yours or mine. There are controversial figures, distinct from evil people. Nobody expects these people to receive universal approbation when they die, but they have loved ones, and they don't deserve to have their deaths celebrated.

When Sir Alex Ferguson dies, it won't be "jelly and custard time". It will be the time to be respectful of a family man, who thousands loved. I for one, don't like the man. I can't respect him for his football achievements because there is compelling evidence that his coercive behaviour created unfairness towards United.

It will be a sad day for his family and for the United family, and it will be sad for them. But it is never the right thing to celebrate the death of someone like this. I hope he will rest peacefully, and I will quietly abstain from the inevitable media adulation, that will raise him almost to the level of statesmanship or royalty.

I'm not sure if this is an adequate response to your expressed views, but I would advise anyone that in situations like this, if they have nothing positive to say, then stay silent.

We are fighting a losing battle with the media , its just rinse and repeat criticism of our club ,personally i dont read the articles anymore , i read the headlines and ignore the article we know there is an agenda , our football club do absolutely nothing about some scandolous witterings from the media , they do not even attempt to defend the club and our fans , they hold their hands up to everything and are great apologists
In fact they are only too happy to hang our fans out to dry , do you see the Dippers castigating their fans over songs about our Quee or thrwoing misslies at our fans , not in a million years they say nothing and wait for it to disappear.
The only criticism i have of our owners is the pathetic way they bow down to the media, Pep does his best in press conferences and gives as good as he gets , but our PR department our spinelesss to the point of cowardice.

We are fighting a losing battle with the media , its just rinse and repeat criticism of our club ,personally i dont read the articles anymore , i read the headlines and ignore the article we know there is an agenda , our football club do absolutely nothing about some scandolous witterings from the media , they do not even attempt to defend the club and our fans , they hold their hands up to everything and are great apologists
In fact they are only too happy to hang our fans out to dry , do you see the Dippers castigating their fans over songs about our Quee or thrwoing misslies at our fans , not in a million years they say nothing and wait for it to disappear.
The only criticism i have of our owners is the pathetic way they bow down to the media, Pep does his best in press conferences and gives as good as he gets , but our PR department our spinelesss to the point of cowardice.
You'd rather we were more like the dippers?

He has forgotten the bit about United being relegated and their fans rampaging all over the country attacking women and children and taunting Cardiff City fans about the Aberfan disaster. They were the most despised team in England then. Just as well some of us were around in those times and can remember what really happened so we can correct some of the fake news circulating in the current mainstream media.
Only have to read the book "The Lost Babes" to see the true United.
Funnily the true account is never mentioned in the media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.