Media Discussion - 2023/24

To be fair there was a whole campaign to get that **** with the not enough shirt.

This is getting ridiculous though.
not from the media tho and he knew exactly what he was doing to cause outrage, just like these kids did, do you think they give a crap about bobby charlton , its just a name to them, and they took the chance to get the attention just like this whole generation does, they dont care how they get it, whether it be doing something shocking or doing something worthy, its all about likes and engagement for them and its baffling how the moral outrage police dont get that and continue to give them the exact attention that they wanted in the first place

not from the media tho and he knew exactly what he was doing to cause outrage, just like these kids did, do you think they give a crap about bobby charlton , its just a name to them, and they took the chance to get the attention just like this whole generation does, they dont care how they get it, whether it be doing something shocking or doing something worthy, its all about likes and engagement for them and its baffling how the moral outrage police dont get that and continue to give them the exact attention that they wanted in the first place
Good post.
The social media world we now live in gives a voice to those who shouldn’t have a voice. It’s about hits, clicks and likes.
The more moronic something is the more attention it gets.

im sorry but are we all doing the he was this and he was that because he died, he was a good footballer but no saint, this idea that everyone must celebrate the passing of a united legend is absolute and utter crap, whether you agree with what they are chanting ( i dont ), they absolutely have the right to chant and say whatever they want, same as anyone else and this faux moral outrage is complete nonsense.

Where was this outrage when the moron wore the not enough shirt to the cup final, there is a big difference between spontaneous chanting on a concourse and a planned shirt that is designed to cause outrage, the whole idea of getting upset over someone chanting something that others dont light is dangerous in a big way, what next no swearing in chants? No calling a player crap in case it affects their mental health? where does it actually end, now i dont agree with what the lads chanted but i will absolutely stand with them for their right to chant it
Who asked you to celebrate Charlton? None of the mods on here, I'm sure. All we've asked people to is not to disrespect him. Which is a totally different thing to celebrating.

Who asked you to celebrate Charlton? None of the mods on here, I'm sure. All we've asked people to is not to disrespect him. Which is a totally different thing to celebrating.
and how exactly have i been disrespectful, have i abused him or his memory in any way, have i slandered him. Just because some kids chanted about him on tik tok all of a sudden the worlds gone mad about how disrespectful and awful our fan base is as a whole, the whole faux moral outrage and trial by media is just becoming tiresome tbh.

What you may find disrespectful, i may not and vice versa, but its this groupthink mentality that we all have to cowtow because a footballer has passed, do we think that charlton etc has always been respectful of us, in my personal dealings with him, he was incredibly arrogant, rude and disrespectful but now im supposed to say otherwise.

A caveat to all this is that not having tik tok i dont know what the chant was and while i probably dont agree with the content of it, i think we are on dangerous territory with the morality police denying peoples right to say it.

Last edited:
No need to apologise. But yes; it was the royal "we". That's down to me not being clear enough.
bad day with aload of students at worse where you cant breathe in the wrong direction without someone being offended by it, its enough to tip you over the edge

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.