Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does amaze me that so many fans of other clubs just accept the majority media and rival fan stance, that city are guilty.

How many could actually name the charges we're slapped with? Have they ever asked themselves "what if City are innocent?"
They desperately need to believe that City are cheating because that is the reason that their club is woefully underachieving and not winning anything.
If City are proven to be innocent, the poor suckers will be forced to accept that their teams are where they are, not because of anyone else, but because of their own shortcomings, be it players, management or ownership.
Its tough for them to swallow!

It does amaze me that so many fans of other clubs just accept the majority media and rival fan stance, that city are guilty.

How many could actually name the charges we're slapped with? Have they ever asked themselves "what if City are innocent?"
People tend to believe what they want to believe. If facts come along which contradict their existing beliefs, rather than change their beliefs they will discount, twist, or question the validity of those facts, however stupid that makes them appear. It's human nature. There are plenty of people in the media who are happy to help them with the twisting of course.

If City are proven to be innocent, the poor suckers will be forced to accept that their teams are where they are, not because of anyone else, but because of their own shortcomings, be it players, management or ownership.
Unfortunately they won't. They'll move on to questioning the judges decisions, imply bribery, blame expensive lawyers, or anything other than admit they were wrong in the first place. Just look at our CAS decision - several years on and other fans assume we used a loophole, or say our lawyers were more expensive than UEFA's.

Logical argument and football fans don't get to meet up too often. And the media are mostly in the latter camp too.

They desperately need to believe that City are cheating because that is the reason that their club is woefully underachieving and not winning anything.
No they won't. We will have got away with it... probably by bribes.
Just accept if we win we lose, no matter.

The Red Shirt fans are laughable.

Liverpool fans want our trophies. United fans want our trophies. Arsenal fans want our trophies. No doubt Spurs fans will want something.

View attachment 99294
Looks like SM is thinking "we've got a right one here, does he even know what a football is and he's managing the team".

It’s the easy and typical rival fan option to take. Secretly they won’t actually believe it at all.

It’s the easy and typical rival fan option to take. Secretly they won’t actually believe it at all.
When you think about it, you rarely hear the fans of any club in favour of the PL or uefa normally.
They all know that these organisations are bent and corrupt and no good for the game, yet they want to believe them when it comes to a witch-hunt against another club.
Tribalism squeezing out logical, critical thinking.

When you think about it, you rarely hear the fans of any club in favour of the PL or uefa normally.
They all know that these organisations are bent and corrupt and no good for the game, yet they want to believe them when it comes to a witch-hunt against another club.
Tribalism squeezing out logical, critical thinking.
That last sentence is bang on. That’s exactly what it is. And it does what it’s intended to do. Wind fans up.

While I agree with your sentiment, if these charges were being levelled at one of the red shirts I'd hope they were guilty, so in that sense it's understandable.

Having said that, I'm sure most people don't give a fuck about the shit that the media come out with. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of rival fans that have even mentioned it to me; they're more likely to comment on how good we are and how much they enjoy watching Erling, Bernie and Phil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.