Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
A logical thought, everyone would imagine ?
However, since City started dominating English football (starting around 2016 ?), the media stated to realise that we could really dominate and "own" the Premier League. This was against the wishes of the Premier League under Scudamore.
Not sure when "sports washing" was generally adopted by the press, but this mysterious Arab-centric phrase seemed to transform City into the "enemy" which denied fair competition.
The "open and democratically" American-owned clubs obviously were seen as the correct type of owners by primarily, Sky and subsequently BT.
Individually, rival football fans generally admire City and their legends e.g. Aquero, Kompany, David Silva.
However, the current media do not want one dominant club. This is different to Liverpool's era as the top team, or even the initial Sky years when MUFC won many Premier League titles.
They cannot slag off Pep or (generally) the players performances and behaviour.
So the UAE owners are the evil enemy, which will be amplified if Newcastle really threaten the Red Shirts.
Ask the Red Shirt fans if they would accept a Qatari takeover ?
I would imagine most would no in public, but say yes, privately...
Well the Paddy Power advert puts that in perspective

The City of Manchester stadium cost £115 million to construct for the Commonwealth Games in Manchester in 2002. We pay the City council £5.5 million in rent each year, 20 years in the stadium means that the council will have had £110 million from City.

The South stand extension cost £50 million in 2015 and the North stand extension plus hotel will cost £300 million. City have paid more than their fair share than what the initial outlay for the stadium was. What was Herbert expecting to happen with the City Of Manchester stadium? It gets built and used for athletics maybe once or twice a year and that’s it? That’s how venues like the Don Valley stadium now don’t exist.
I think the deal also included that the council took a percentage of the takings above the final Maine rd capacity which I think was just over 35,000.

An interesting read but he references Delaney, Schindler, the Guardian and the Independent to support and underpin his findings. The academic article lacks balance and credibility as it fails to offer and present virtually any opposing, alternative viewpoint or argument. Which it should. Whoever wrote it will probably have received a B as a mark and he or she will be happy enough with that. However, it didn’t highlight or articulate anything that wasn’t already known and therefore doesn’t add to ‘the body of knowledge’.
I would have marked it a B minus at best.

In specific terms, individual journalists who have made frequent and/or prominent critiques of MCFC are often referred to by insulting nicknames by forum users. Their critiques are dismissed as ill-informed and the product of an obsessive vendetta against the club.

How do they equate calling a whole support base 'rats' an informed critique? Maybe they should offer their critiques to patrons in a City boozer, they'd have more than a critique in the form of hurtful words to worry about.

An interesting read but he references Delaney, Schindler, the Guardian and the Independent to support and underpin his findings. The academic article lacks balance and credibility as it fails to offer and present virtually any opposing, alternative viewpoint or argument. Which it should. Whoever wrote it will probably have received a B as a mark and he or she will be happy enough with that. However, it didn’t highlight or articulate anything that wasn’t already known and therefore doesn’t add to ‘the body of knowledge’.
I would have marked it a B minus at best.
I’d give it a C+, as in more than a ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.