Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting read but he references Delaney, Schindler, the Guardian and the Independent to support and underpin his findings. The academic article lacks balance and credibility as it fails to offer and present virtually any opposing, alternative viewpoint or argument. Which it should. Whoever wrote it will probably have received a B as a mark and he or she will be happy enough with that. However, it didn’t highlight or articulate anything that wasn’t already known and therefore doesn’t add to ‘the body of knowledge’.
I would have marked it a B minus at best.
This chap and his article was discussed on radio this morning in Ireland.

An interesting read but he references Delaney, Schindler, the Guardian and the Independent to support and underpin his findings. The academic article lacks balance and credibility as it fails to offer and present virtually any opposing, alternative viewpoint or argument. Which it should. Whoever wrote it will probably have received a B as a mark and he or she will be happy enough with that. However, it didn’t highlight or articulate anything that wasn’t already known and therefore doesn’t add to ‘the body of knowledge’.
Yes, quite a lob-sided article.

Its an excellent piece of scouse-washing.

*scouse-washing - the act of denigrating success by other clubs by any means necessary whilst ignoring their own historical misdeeds.

Last edited:

Gets an FO from me.

Very poor research with no academic merit whatsoever. Clearly researched and written with the authors' political and sporting bias embedded in order to reach pre-determined conclusion. You can tell that from words such as "concerning" which tells the reader that the researchers already have a view on the opinions expressed.

It surprises me that the authors have not disclosed any conflict of interest. That strikes me as intellectually dishonest and disqualifies it from serious consideration.

Maybe the dipps do have 1 person at uni then!

Mention Sprtwashing,MCFC and then find an event with 2 evil actors in the world and bingo Hatchet job done :
"It is therefore a prominent vehicle for attempts to exercise soft power on an international stage. Indeed, prominent examples of such attempts litter the pages of twentieth-century history, such as Mussolini and Hitler parading the strength of their fascist regimes through hosting the 1934 FIFA World Cup and the 1936 Summer Olympics respectively"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.