Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slimey back on it on the BBC site now. Invitation to all present to quiz Pep on Everton and the 115.
So fucking tedious and predictable.

“Pep Guardiola will be speaking to the media at the Etihad Campus before Manchester City's eagerly-awaited Premier League clash with Liverpool.

Guardiola will be asked about the fitness of Erling Haaland, who missed Norway's European Championship qualifier against Scotland.

It will also be interesting to see if he has anything to say on Everton's 10-point deduction, or more specifically, the view many have aired that City could now be in trouble given they have 115 Premier League charges to address.”

Big Sam used to go mad at his players if they had a long range shot as chances are it will not yield a goal put concede possession and lose pressue/momentum.

To some extent they are right. We don't waste possession and give it back to the opposition by taking desperate low percentage potshots from 35 yards. How many of the long range screamers that used to happen had more than even 3 passes in the build up?

That's not to say we haven't scored some belters. De Bruyne v Real Madrid and Rodri v Bayern come to mind from just last season.

But you wouldn't have lower division goals like this without City. This is 100% our influence.

Give me a tap in like that any day!

To some extent they are right. We don't waste possession and give it back to the opposition by taking desperate low percentage potshots from 35 yards. How many of the long range screamers that used to happen had more than even 3 passes in the build up?

That's not to say we haven't scored some belters. De Bruyne v Real Madrid and Rodri v Bayern come to mind from just last season.

But you wouldn't have lower division goals like this without City. This is 100% our influence.

Give me a tap in like that any day!

As the two greatest 'Alans' of football would put it:

'Football is football, Clive..' (Alan Latchley, aka Peter Cook) and

'That. Is. A. Goal..' (Alan Partridge aka Steve Coogan)

And yes, whatever level it is, THAT is a bloody brilliant goal and all down to Pep's/City's influence and inspiration!

From the article:

“Just a year after the club's first major triumph of the Abu Dhabi United ownership - the 2012 acquisition of their first Premier League title.”

Not a win, or a victory, or a success, but an “acquisition”!

Must be that “dirty Arab oil money” BUYING shit again!

Blatantly offensive, yellow “journalism.”
The trick is to change your perspective.

When out and about driving, It always use to wind me up when other drivers would not indicate, try to push in or cut me up. Now I simply assume that every other road user is a complete and utter twat (until they prove me wrong).

I've adopted the same approach to the British Press and the Broadcasting Media. I view them as nothing more than bought, bias shills who panda to the red shirts and are funded to set the narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.