Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see F365 have an article about City transfer of players from the academy or players who never featured for the first team, but have been sold. Banner headline is
The Manchester City cheat code: how Guardiola has made £200m+ by selling unused players.
So selling players now falls under fuckin cheating. What next how much City charge for a pie and a pint at the match

I've not been following this thread during the summer break and been having a break from the sports pages in general... I really recommend it and I'm going to try not to get as caught up in it during the season.

The media coverage of City is so blinkered I find myself getting worked up by nonsense written by people I've never heard of before.

Agree 100%

I only see what the press/media say/write from this thread.

I found the press/media was getting me down so stopped. Live is so much better when you just ignore the twats.

Doesnt stop me having a moan on here lol but I dont get as deeply involved like I use to

I see F365 have an article about City transfer of players from the academy or players who never featured for the first team, but have been sold. Banner headline is
The Manchester City cheat code: how Guardiola has made £200m+ by selling unused players.
So selling players now falls under fuckin cheating. What next how much City charge for a pie and a pint at the match
I think the term “cheat code” is just widely used these days for the process of gaining advantage. I’m a bit of an FOC but understand the term comes from gaming. I don’t think it‘s meant to imply actual cheating (breaking the rules) in this case.

There are no rules against this and these idiots scratch their heads wondering where City get revenue from. It kinda flys in the face of how frugal Liverpool claim to be compared to City on their cringeworthy net spend argument. Think United managed to get £4 million for Elanga when he’s played and scored for the first team where City are getting £10 million for players who haven’t got near our bench. Instead of crying about it why don’t they do what City are doing?

Agree 100%

I only see what the press/media say/write from this thread.

I found the press/media was getting me down so stopped. Live is so much better when you just ignore the twats.

Doesnt stop me having a moan on here lol but I dont get as deeply involved like I use to
Agree with your comments 100%.
Don’t care what anyone else says or writes about us. People on here - well that’s different because we all absolutely love our club. We might not always agree but we do always have the right to voice our opinions.

I think the term “cheat code” is just widely used these days for the process of gaining advantage. I’m a bit of an FOC but understand the term comes from gaming. I don’t think it‘s meant to imply actual cheating (breaking the rules) in this case.
Yeh this. It's like saying that having Messi in your team (maybe a few years ago) was a "cheat code" because he was ridiculously good. It's got nothing to do with actual cheating.

Deflection tactics! By flipping the accusations against the media of racism what better way to get it into the public psyche than to imply there is racism amongst our support.Getting into the psyche is a tactic that's been used successfully by them for example Emptyhad. What you have to question is the mindset of the author to even contemplate or insinuate that race & religion are the factor in this instance. On what evidence did he gauge the feelings of the supporters to formulate his opinion? If it was from this forum he would have noticed a thread thanking Riyad Mahred. I was led to believe that racism (amongst other things) was the use of prejudice or discrimination against others from any geographical area which includes regions within your own country. In the South stand one game against Liverpool, a vocal chap next to me joined in with a chant (can't remember who) against someone being racist the song ended so VC turned towards the Liverpool fans and began " You Scouse B******s, You Scouse B*******s etc...." which of course is racist.

There are no rules against this and these idiots scratch their heads wondering where City get revenue from. It kinda flys in the face of how frugal Liverpool claim to be compared to City on their cringeworthy net spend argument. Think United managed to get £4 million for Elanga when he’s played and scored for the first team where City are getting £10 million for players who haven’t got near our bench. Instead of crying about it why don’t they do what City are doing?
Most other clubs (i.e. the red shirts) would be applauded for having an excellent youth system but with City the word cheats is used.

We're fucked when the rest of the football world click on and realise they can sell players too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.