Media Discussion - 2023/24

May be maybe not. I supose I wasn't commenting on the possible bans. But people on here trying to put some of the blame on the club when the damage has been done by some dickheads is a bit of stretch to my mind.
The club putting put a statement I have no issue with, a few dicks filmed themselves on the concourse so the club will naturally condem it.

The premier league starement though is way over the top and this even getting tv and press coverage bar local news maybe is pathetic

So you think this was sung as a bit of banter?? And anyone who condems it are snowflakes?? As that is the context you have placed on the chants. I know this kind of thing happens at every ground , but I think things have moved on. People need to grow up, this kind of thing only damages the club.

I condoned in my post did I not? So no, I’m not saying I’m a snowflake am I. I am saying football fans as I know it, tend to be a bit more thick skinned. As a result you hear some crazy things at grounds. I’m saying if we ban these people, it could potentially open up a can of worms, where we might have to completely drop certain chants, and other clubs might need to do the same. Then how far do we go with it, do we say ‘no more swearing at games?’. We already saw it last season with Liverpool fans saying they’re now offended by the chant, ‘always the victims’, and asking for bans to be placed on fans singing it.

Yes absolutely, for some people, I believe it was a form of shit banter, trying to be funny by being offensive. As I said I witnessed it, and it was a group of young lads 18-21, who do seem immature as a group. I don’t believe all those lads would have hatred for a man who played for Utd in the 50’s and 60’s. Some might though. But being offensive to try and be funny or to get a rise out of rivals as a joke, is a thing. Something I’ve seen a lot amongst our fanbase. As I said, I didn’t get involved, I didn’t even laugh along. However, at the time I also thought it was a bunch of young pissed up idiots trying to be funny with each other, rather than something super malicious and hateful, personally I just ignored them.

There should be no applause or silence when we play them next weekend. They have a home game on Tuesday night to do all the memorial stuff.
The Premier League will mandate a tribute by all clubs next weekend, just like they did with the Middle East stuff this weekend and like they did with Best nearly 20 years ago.

Ffs, 100 + now

Not just the media who tarnish our name!

Block 115, well I never!

Love the sarcasm for no reason. I’m going to take a wild guess and say you were absolutely no way near that area.

I sit in 117 and I could hear it very clearly coming from my right, so yeah, probably 115 and some in 116, maybe even some in 117 near the front. So yeah, I heard it. I couldn’t tell you how many, but I’d just take a wild guess at around 100. Not too loud, but loud enough to make out what they were singing.

Love the sarcasm for no reason. I’m going to take a wild guess and say you were absolutely no way near that area.

I sit in 117 and I could hear it very clearly coming from my right, so yeah, probably 115 and some in 116, maybe even some in 117 near the front. So yeah, I heard it. I couldn’t tell you how many, but I’d just take a wild guess at around 100. Not too loud, but loud enough to make out what they were singing.
couldn't hear them in 119 but then the south stand was pretty quiet most of the game

I’m on the I-pad and where, every week there’s a table, it’s not been there since we went top. Could be an international thing as not seen for a couple of week’s, as they’ve shown different tables below the games.

Basic stuff, not sure why you’d get so angry about it?
You are correct.i had same experience and have no clue why another poster would get so wound up swearing at you,lol
I found the premier league table..eventually,but it took me a couple of clicks
Normally the table is on .every day without fail.

The club said a small minority. They should have said a very small minority or number.

I just don't see this as the same as the snivelling stuff the club came out with when they effectively bracketed our fans as the same as the scousers.
Agree. 15 ish young scrotes chanting this is less than 0.01 of our fan base !

I’m on the I-pad and where, every week there’s a table, it’s not been there since we went top. Could be an international thing as not seen for a couple of week’s, as they’ve shown different tables below the games.

Basic stuff, not sure why you’d get so angry about it?
Well I only get angry when people don`t look properly and its very evident that it has been on their website for the past 30+ hours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.