Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have to pay faux tributes to everyone who has died. There are many people that had questionable histories that don't deserve our respect, and people are justified in celebrating their passing. I'm talking about serial killers, child abusers etc.

There are people we have personal negative experiences of. There are people whose political views are different to yours or mine. There are controversial figures, distinct from evil people. Nobody expects these people to receive universal approbation when they die, but they have loved ones, and they don't deserve to have their deaths celebrated.

When Sir Alex Ferguson dies, it won't be "jelly and custard time". It will be the time to be respectful of a family man, who thousands loved. I for one, don't like the man. I can't respect him for his football achievements because there is compelling evidence that his coercive behaviour created unfairness towards United.

It will be a sad day for his family and for the United family, and it will be sad for them. But it is never the right thing to celebrate the death of someone like this. I hope he will rest peacefully, and I will quietly abstain from the inevitable media adulation, that will raise him almost to the level of statesmanship or royalty.

I'm not sure if this is an adequate response to your expressed views, but I would advise anyone that in situations like this, if they have nothing positive to say, then stay silent.
Agreed stay silent no need to celebrate and no need to go overboard with the mourning- like him with his mum

He has forgotten the bit about United being relegated and their fans rampaging all over the country attacking women and children and taunting Cardiff City fans about the Aberfan disaster. They were the most despised team in England then. Just as well some of us were around in those times and can remember what really happened so we can correct some of the fake news circulating in the current mainstream media.
Anyone of a certain vintage remember The Swamp being closed, beginning of '71 if my fading memory serves me correctly. They played at Anfield a couple of times, punishment for KNIVES being thrown randomly at visiting fans. Also following his father's death, Kevin Keegan turned out for Liverpool a few days later. The Stretford End sang loud & proud " Keegan Keegan how's your dad, Keegan how's your dad. Oh how they laughed!

We don't have to pay faux tributes to everyone who has died. There are many people that had questionable histories that don't deserve our respect, and people are justified in celebrating their passing. I'm talking about serial killers, child abusers etc.

There are people we have personal negative experiences of. There are people whose political views are different to yours or mine. There are controversial figures, distinct from evil people. Nobody expects these people to receive universal approbation when they die, but they have loved ones, and they don't deserve to have their deaths celebrated.

When Sir Alex Ferguson dies, it won't be "jelly and custard time". It will be the time to be respectful of a family man, who thousands loved. I for one, don't like the man. I can't respect him for his football achievements because there is compelling evidence that his coercive behaviour created unfairness towards United.

It will be a sad day for his family and for the United family, and it will be sad for them. But it is never the right thing to celebrate the death of someone like this. I hope he will rest peacefully, and I will quietly abstain from the inevitable media adulation, that will raise him almost to the level of statesmanship or royalty.

I'm not sure if this is an adequate response to your expressed views, but I would advise anyone that in situations like this, if they have nothing positive to say, then stay silent.
Pretty much the same as it was for Margret Thatcher then…

At the risk of repeating myself I would stage manage the "pressers" by putting cameras facing the journos (feels wrong to call them that) and have them miced up, then when before they asked their "gotcha" question make them announce who they are and who do they represent. We will see them squirm when Pep knocks them down.
I’m surprised they aren’t made to introduce themselves before a question. I’m sure England press conferences are managed this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.