Media Discussion - 2023/24

Mr Ian Wright is entitled to his opinion and he has presented it, fair enough. We know his stand now. No problem there.

My opinion though - As a professional, he should respect the achievements of Pep's team without mentioning the charges. He has played football and was a terrific striker in his days. He knows full well how much it takes to win and achieve this much. Pep has won each and every single one of his title fair and square on the pitch. His patronizing comments that once the charges are cleared then this team will get it's due respect is laughable to say the least. Just a few years back, once City was cleared by CAS, Mr 'best manager ever' Jurgen Klopp said that it was a dark day for football. Why did he say that? He should have said welcomed that decision because a club was cleared of false charges and exonerated. But he didn't and reacted biasedly. And this is a rival manager no less, less said about tribal rival fans, clueless journalists and biased pundits the better.

Final point - No charge has been proven and untill it is proven, it's very very harsh and unfair to not acknowledge Pep's achievements here in England without any subtext. He has been the best manager England has ever seen and changed the football right down from the very grassroots. He has risen to each and every challange that has been thrown at him and conquered it handsomely.

This is my opinion on the issue and it matters zilch because I am not an overpaid ex-player sitting in an expensive studio and spouting nonsense.

Rant over!!!
That’s not a rant mate, it’s a very informative and well thought out piece of writing, a really good post.

CAS did happen and it did clear the club. It was not acknowledged.

What are you even talking about?! CAS has nothing to do with the premier league or Ian Wright or comparing Klopp and Pep.

And “we got found partially not guilty by a court the last time we were charged with breaking financial rules” isn’t the defence you seem to think it is.

Praise with a “BUT what about the 115 charges” should not be accepted.

He didn’t say “BUT what about the 115 charges” he said he wanted to give them all the praise in the world and can’t until the charges go away.

You are completely inventing what you wish he’d said just so you can get angry, it’s dipper behaviour.

Last edited:
She inherited a country that was universally derided as the 'sick old man of Europe' and turned it into one of the most succesful economies in the world.
Lol!! What part of our industry is owned domestically, these days?
The old witch sold the country that took 1000s of years to construct.
We are now a satellite economy for pretty much anyone who wants to take money away from these shores.
Anyway, this is way off topic, and I'm happy to get back on topic.

All of it. He has no knowledge of the charges against the club apart from media spin. He is an Arsenal fan so just like Carragher and Neville is quite happy to talk shit about city but not any other club.
I actually thought he was saying the opposite.
Get it out if the way so we can appreciate how good Pep and our team have been

I actually thought he was saying the opposite.
Get it out if the way so we can appreciate how good Pep and our team have been
That is what he was saying. The tone of his voice contributed to his feelings on the matter. Sick of it and wants it done so the clubs achievements can be fully celebrated.

Hard to believe the Der Spiegel allegations first surfaced in 2018 and now we are in 2024 and this shitshow appears to have no end in sight. As smear campaigns go this has been a real gem and still has plenty of mileage in it. Hopefully this will be a lesson for any other upstart who attempts to challenge the cartel.

Saint Gary of the common people spouting his displeasure at the greedy bastards who don’t care about the common good and grass roots etc just don’t mention he did fuck all when Bury went bust…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.