Media Discussion - 2023/24

I actually thought he was saying the opposite.
Get it out if the way so we can appreciate how good Pep and our team have been
Yea I get that and I can see why posters have varying views on what he said. I was more alluding to the fact that he didn’t need to say anything at all about the charges while analysing the game and pep. He did not do it with other teams as far as I am aware.

Anyway, it’s only my view on the situation.

What are you even talking about?! CAS has nothing to do with the premier league or Ian Wright or comparing Klopp and Pep.

And “we got found partially not guilty by a court the last time we were charged with breaking financial rules” isn’t the defence you seem to think it is.

He didn’t say “BUT what about the 115 charges” he said he wanted to give them all the praise in the world and can’t until the charges go away.

You are completely inventing what you wish he’d said just so you can get angry, it’s dipper behaviour.
Do you agree that the charges brought by the Premier League are basically a replay of the charges that UEFA brought against us because CAS found that there was no evidence of wrong doing in their
opinion, they only found us to be non cooperative.

Last edited:
Yea I get that and I can see why posters have varying views on what he said. I was more alluding to the fact that he didn’t need to say anything at all about the charges while analysing the game and pep. He did not do it with other teams as far as I am aware.

But no other team have won what we’ve one, including the treble, whilst facing such charges. So how could he do it to any other teams?

What are you even talking about?! CAS has nothing to do with the premier league or Ian Wright or comparing Klopp and Pep.

And “we got found partially not guilty by a court the last time we were charged with breaking financial rules” isn’t the defence you seem to think it is.

He didn’t say “BUT what about the 115 charges” he said he wanted to give them all the praise in the world and can’t until the charges go away.

You are completely inventing what you wish he’d said just so you can get angry, it’s dipper behaviour.
I’m not angry at all. I don’t agree with the view you are taking on his comments. It’s not dipperish lol.

You have actually kind of made the point for me! He didn’t mention CAS while analysing the game and he didn’t need to mention the 115 charges either.

If he or any other pundit wants to discuss the charges then he should not shy away from saying city have been cleared by an independent tribunal already. Yes it was a premier league game but as I said a few times now he didn’t need to mention anything to do with ffp or P&S. Splitting hairs to strengthen your argument.

Anyway, no point going round and round, il be called a rag next, they love a corner -:)

Last edited:
BBC should dippers have had a penalty?
BBC season defining moment..
Me should the Dias goal at Eastlands stood?
BBC silence
Me fuck off BBC u scouse loving bastards.
The worst decision in PL History was the in the OT derby last season and the press just shrugged their shoulders and moved on after it being deemed no big deal, compare and contrast to the Miseryside Rodri offside handball and Macbeth falling on Dokus sword

Totally get that view on it and understand what you mean. That’s a fair gripe at it, but I don’t have a problem with what he said once he did get to it.

Lol!! What part of our industry is owned domestically, these days?
The old witch sold the country that took 1000s of years to construct.
We are now a satellite economy for pretty much anyone who wants to take money away from these shores.
Anyway, this is way off topic, and I'm happy to get back on topic.
Manchester City Football Club is 100% foreign owned.

Seems to be going quite well I'd say.

The worst decision in PL History was the in the OT derby last season and the press just shrugged their shoulders and moved on after it being deemed no big deal, compare and contrast to the Miseryside Rodri offside handball and Macbeth falling on Dokus sword
As long as they go in the red shirts favour they say little or nothing…

But no other team have won what we’ve one, including the treble, whilst facing such charges. So how could he do it to any other teams?
True but he could mention the rags debt while discussing their performances. He could mention Chelsea’s financial problems and the dodgy deal while discussing them etc…

He is on Sky to discuss the football not financial issues that he has no direct involvement with. His job is to give insight into what is happening on the pitch. Unless he is also a lawyer as well as an ex player? -:)

Think people are arguing about 2 different things here:

1. His actual words on city which can be viewed as praise to some extent.
2. 115 charges and the elephant in the room that tarnished our manager, club and players.

While discussing football, point 2 is not needed and doesn’t happen to the other clubs.

Ok iv said enough now. Don’t want to get bogged down labouring the point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.