Media Discussion - 2023/24

I see the Guardian are going with the "well-oiled winning machine" line for the billionth time, acting like our players are all soulless robots, and taking the piss out of Pep for caring about player welfare.

Tossers.

It's interesting to think about the vocabulary the media on the whole uses about City even when they are (supposedly) praising us. "Relentless." "Ominous." "Machine." "Unstoppable."

They are all words with deeply negative connotations.

Actually, we play beautiful football. We innovate by bringing defenders into central midfield and inverting our full backs. We play our way through high presses with instant, one touch football. We play no-look passes because we know where our team mates are going to be. We cut through defences with team goals like a knife through butter (how many times have we seen a far-post tap in come at the end of a 20 pass move?). We score top corner thunderbastards from 20+ yards. Our wide players bring 40 yard cross-field balls under instant control. Our goalkeeper, no less, pings highly accurate 60 yard balls into spaces we can exploit behind high defensive lines. Oscar Bobb and Jeremy Doku excite crowds by taking on defenders one-on -one. Even our big, old-fashioned centre forward (Kevin de Bruyne) bangs his headers into the top corner from 12 yards out.

The vocabulary used to describe us invokes none of these things. There's a piss funny Jaws Paddy Power thing from last season where some grizzled old scouser tells a bunch of Arsenal fans in a bar what it's like being hunted down by City, and he talks about our black lifeless eyes. That's a parody - I think - but it's not actually a million miles away from the way the Telegraph and the Mail describe it.

Those words I've used above. "Ominous." "Machine." "Relentless." Even when they are complimenting us - through their gritted teeth - it's a long way from the way they used to describe Arse or the rags back in the day.

It's how they'd describe the fucking Terminator.

It's interesting to think about the vocabulary the media on the whole uses about City even when they are (supposedly) praising us. "Relentless." "Ominous." "Machine." "Unstoppable."

Only if you support another team. Personally, I love it, more threatening than negative I reckon.

Actually, we play beautiful football. We innovate by bringing defenders into central midfield and inverting our full backs. We play our way through high presses with instant, one touch football. We play no-look passes because we know where our team mates are going to be. We cut through defences with team goals like a knife through butter (how many times have we seen a far-post tap in come at the end of a 20 pass move?). We score top corner thunderbastards from 20+ yards. Our wide players bring 40 yard cross-field balls under instant control. Our goalkeeper, no less, pings highly accurate 60 yard balls into spaces we can exploit behind high defensive lines. Oscar Bobb and Jeremy Doku excite crowds by taking on defenders one-on -one. Even our big, old-fashioned centre forward (Kevin de Bruyne) bangs his headers into the top corner from 12 yards out.

The vocabulary used to describe us invokes none of these things. There's a piss funny Jaws Paddy Power thing from last season where some grizzled old scouser tells a bunch of Arsenal fans in a bar what it's like being hunted down by City, and he talks about our black lifeless eyes. That's a parody - I think - but it's not actually a million miles away from the way the Telegraph and the Mail describe it.

Those words I've used above. "Ominous." "Machine." "Relentless." Even when they are complimenting us - through their gritted teeth - it's a long way from the way they used to describe Arse or the rags back in the day.

It's how they'd describe the fucking Terminator.
The irony is that for all the positive stuff about the Arse, they are still just City light so the negativity (and I still don't want to admit it all the time) about us doesn't make sense.

I see the Guardian are going with the "well-oiled winning machine" line for the billionth time, acting like our players are all soulless robots, and taking the piss out of Pep for caring about player welfare.

Tossers.
People really need to make their mind up on that one.
One minute Haaland is a robot that no one can compete with and the next he should be dropped and is a League 2 standard player

This is the media discussion thread not a thread for some FOCs to debate whats comfy to wear when not in their rocking chair. So to keep the thread tidy I have added some attachments, advertising goods you sketcher wearers can browse in to your hearts content and maybe start a thread titled, " How to stay comfy, warm and dry when your old"
Have a nice day;-)
1000019242.jpg1000019240.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.