Media discussion - 2024/25

From Matt Gregory - how the bitterness shines.

11. Manchester City (£139.1m)​

Yes, really, the megabucks Emirati-backed champions of England aren’t even in the top half of the net spend table, a surprise result facilitated by making the better part of £100m this summer from the sales of players like Julián Álvarez – they’ve now made money in two of the last three seasons, which is a bit unexpected. Things look very different if you start pushing the timeframe back past five years, admittedly. They did all the really serious spending to get this squad together a few seasons back. That said, it’s worth noting that these figures only look at transfer fees and don’t include, say, the absolutely gargantuan signing bonuses and agent fees paid out to secure Erling Haaland’s services.
Does he have any evidence for his last sentence?

From Matt Gregory - how the bitterness shines.

11. Manchester City (£139.1m)​

Yes, really, the megabucks Emirati-backed champions of England aren’t even in the top half of the net spend table, a surprise result facilitated by making the better part of £100m this summer from the sales of players like Julián Álvarez – they’ve now made money in two of the last three seasons, which is a bit unexpected. Things look very different if you start pushing the timeframe back past five years, admittedly. They did all the really serious spending to get this squad together a few seasons back. That said, it’s worth noting that these figures only look at transfer fees and don’t include, say, the absolutely gargantuan signing bonuses and agent fees paid out to secure Erling Haaland’s services.
They'll write anything for engagement, but we've really hurt this one. Nice one.

Surprising to him because he’s a fucking charlatan.
Emirati backed....??

Does he mean Arsenal.... ??

I think he should understand that City are privately owned by a Sheikh Mansour controlled company & Silver Lake, an American Entertainment company.

Not difficult eh .....unless your a duplicitous,maliciously,lying **** !!

Easy to get geography mixed up, 'GITG'!

A few weeks ago I was in conversation with a lady who'd moved up to Stockport from the Northamptonshire area, whose daughter & family had been trying to follow suit by moving to Manchester.

After some tribulations trying to find a property within their budget, the daughter had just told Mum they'd finally found a gaff in 'North Didsbury'

I opined that I'd never heard of 'North Didsbury'.. to which Mum said 'The house is big Edwardian semi just off Burnage Lane..'

Bl**dy gentrification, even affecting Burnage now! I blame the Gallaghers and their £multi-million profits from all that 'Dynamic Pricing' they've foisted on on the public this last week or so..

House for sale, ‘Chorlton border’

That’ll be Whalley Range then.

Emirati backed....??

Does he mean Arsenal.... ??

I think he should understand that City are privately owned by a Sheikh Mansour controlled company & Silver Lake, an American Entertainment company.

Not difficult eh .....unless your a duplicitous,maliciously,lying **** !!
But don’t you realise:” They are all the same.” Just the usual racist narrative.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.