Media discussion - 2024/25

The red cartel is sh#tting it already. Doesn't pass the ball enough, apparently.
c390dadf45a3a949380ff324bd74d935.jpg

Thinking about Leicester and the badly written rules, it's time to look at Everton and their 9 point penalty. They could have been relegated with that if they hadn't pulled themselves together but they still lost three places over the season. Now correct me if I'm wrong but don't clubs get prize money allocated for their final positions? In which case, without the penalty then Everton would have finished the season with a few million extra than what they actually received? I think that if Leicester escaped because the rules were badly written then Everton would be in a position to claim that missing prize money from the EPL and at the same time destroy these regulations before we get to work on the potential for substantial compensation of our own.

BBC Football
“Republic of Ireland striker Callum Robinson says he would be surprised if England's Jack Grealish is not met with a frosty reception from the Aviva Stadium crowd during Saturday's Nations League match.

Birmingham-born Grealish represented the Republic of Ireland at under-age level, qualifying through his grandparents, before switching in September 2015.

Robinson, who is close friends with Grealish, says the 28-year-old will be "expecting" some "abuse" from the Irish fans on Saturday.

"I'd be surprised if he doesn't because I think he gets booed anywhere he goes anyway - even in England

Arsenal midfielder Declan Rice, an unused substitute in that 2020 friendly, is also preparing for a reunion with the Republic of Ireland after earning three friendly caps in 2018, before deciding to represent England”

So why shouldn’t Declan deserve a frosty reception & abuse in Dublin?

Last edited:
I think the manifest gross incompetence of the PL gives a pretty good indicator as to our prospects.
We would be foolish to believe that less than airtight language in one area means City could not have committed any offence in completely different areas.

While, like you, I would like nothing better than to see City exonerated, I find it hard to see past the “failure to cooperate” as their last and final gambit to “get us” for something…much like UEFA.

WE all know that’s a bullshit fallback position for the PL, especially considering the number of charges they have leveled against us, but I think we also realize that in the tribalism that is football, other teams’ fans will revel in ANY charges that stick, pointing to them as “irrefutable evidence” that City did, indeed, “cheat” their way to our current levels of success.

Of course, that would be a ridiculous reach and extrapolation of a charge that has literally NOTHING to do with financial irregularity. Those opposition fans won’t care and we will still be left on the defensive, trying to explain away any sanction is not related to anything untoward.

I think when City are found innocent the cartel will use it as an excuse to start up the super league again

That was the plan all along. They are hoping this time with their idiot supporters on board and supported by the press.

It's all taken so long it may be too late, though. City saving football again since 2008 :)

I think when City are found innocent the cartel will use it as an excuse to start up the super league again

No coincidence the Super League fell out of the Sky after the CAS hearing. The Premier League should really have shut the case then, here we are 4 years later many millions spent on legal teams trying to land something that will be very hard to prove.

We would be foolish to believe that less than airtight language in one area means City could not have committed any offence in completely different areas.
It would be foolish, I agree, but that’s not the point I made, which was in response to what you posted, which was as follows:
Good for them! Not sure it has ANY implication or corollary to City and City’s situation regarding any investigation.
The word ANY [sic] being unilaterally emphasised by you. My point was that the gross incompetence of the PL could have a bearing on the implication or corollary to City’s situation, which it plainly could. It would be absurd to suggest otherwise.

You've then moved the narrative to the above post, which such is a huge departure from what you previously said, to render it to be descending into the realms of non-sequiturs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.