Media discussion - 2024/25

It would be foolish, I agree, but that’s not the point I made, which was in response to what you posted, which was as follows:

The word ANY [sic] being unilaterally emphasised by you. My point was that the gross incompetence of the PL could have a bearing on the implication or corollary to City’s situation, which it plainly could. It would be absurd to suggest otherwise.

You've then moved the narrative to the above post, which such is a huge departure from what you previously said, to render it to be descending into the realms of non-sequiturs.
Again, and possibly with greater clarity, I don’t think one case has any corollary to the other, or that gross incompetence can be assigned to all PL cases.

One might think of the PL as buffoons, who are the Keystone Kops of charges against teams, but, while one case may be flawed due to a “technicality” (not being in the PL and thus not under PL jurisdiction), it has no bearing on the other.

Now, that is not to suggest that City’s legal team may not also find some loose language to exploit in City’s case. However, even were that to be the case, it will not be anything of a similar nature, because we have not been relegated during the period in question.

I would not venture a guess on whether the PL is “grossly incompetent” or not, but would suggest “not” is the more likely answer.

Additionally, the only absurdity on my part would be to agree to the hypothetical premise upon which any such absurdity would be predicated.

Last edited:
It fucking hurts them like hell
A rag I work with hates Haaland this season.
I said it was Grealish last season you used to tell me you hated, but never mentioned Haaland, what has changed?
He retorted, I just hate everything about City and he walked off mumbling to himself like a sad little drunk.
3 games in and Erling has destroyed them already

A rag I work with hates Haaland this season.
I said it was Grealish last season you used to tell me you hated, but never mentioned Haaland, what has changed?
He retorted, I just hate everything about City and he walked off mumbling to himself like a sad little drunk.
3 games in and Erling has destroyed them already
How is Fergie these days?

Again, and possibly with greater clarity, I don’t think one case has any corollary to the other, or that gross incompetence can be assigned to all PL cases.

One might think of the PL as buffoons, who are the Keystone Kops of charges against teams, but, while one case may be flawed due to a “technicality” (not being in the PL and thus not under PL jurisdiction), it has no bearing on the other.
You’re doing it again. I haven’t said it will apply to all cases; I’ve said that their gross incompetence in relation to one set of charges could provide an indicator in relation to ours. I suggest you look up the word ‘could’ if you are struggling to understand what I am saying.

You definitively state that the undeniable fact an organisation misapplied and misconceived its own rules has no bearing whatsoever on the possibility that the charges against us, within the same set of rules, from the same organisation could be, misconceived.

It is an utterly bizarre thing to suggest.

If the case against Leicester was fundamentally flawed how can you dismiss the possibility that the one against us is too?

Yahoo news page this morning. One of the leading stories is about 'dynamic ticket pricing' being introduced to football. Guess who the pic is of on the front page? Yup, us (and Chelsea)
Then in the actual article, they manage to squeeze our name in, even though it's about Valencia planning to do such.
Cnuts.

''La Liga club Valencia is set to introduce 'dynamic pricing' for tickets after Oasis courted controversy for a similar action last week.

Fans of the Manchester City supporting band were outraged last week after they spent hours in queues for tickets that were at least double the price advertised when eventually allowed onto the website. Ticketmaster explained this process as 'dynamic pricing' which occurs when an event is particularly popular.''

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.