Media discussion - 2024/25

In reality, probably laughing his head off that the rags still pay him an extraordinary amount of money for doing nothing. He probably laughs at mugs in private.
Yes, it's amazing that the GPC still hasn't had any media backlash over his latter days with the Trafford Tramps.
The "Rock of Gibraltar" saga resulted in the Glazers owning Fergie's club. Yet, it is seldom mentioned. In fact, the GPC has never publicly rebuked the Glazers ?
Even though Scruffy Jim now runs the football side, the GPC is still a paid employee.
Wonder where he parks his car ?

You’re doing it again. I haven’t said it will apply to all cases; I’ve said that their gross incompetence in relation to one set of charges could provide an indicator in relation to ours. I suggest you look up the word ‘could’ if you are struggling to understand what I am saying.

You definitively state that the undeniable fact an organisation misapplied and misconceived its own rules has no bearing whatsoever on the possibility that the charges against us, within the same set of rules, from the same organisation could be, misconceived.

It is an utterly bizarre thing to suggest.

If the case against Leicester was fundamentally flawed how can you dismiss the possibility that the one against us is too?

Added to the fact they got the charges wrong when they were released to the media.

Yes, it's amazing that the GPC still hasn't had any media backlash over his latter days with the Trafford Tramps.
The "Rock of Gibraltar" saga resulted in the Glazers owning Fergie's club. Yet, it is seldom mentioned. In fact, the GPC has never publicly rebuked the Glazers ?
Even though Scruffy Jim now runs the football side, the GPC is still a paid employee.
Wonder where he parks his car ?

Or that it could be considered £3m off the book payments from Magnier……. Is it too late for charges.

FRANCIS LEE is the iconic Manchester City striker who became a successful racehorse trainer and millionaire businessman.

Two decades after leaving as a player he returned as owner, buying £3million worth of shares, when his Forward with Franny campaign took control.

It was a rollercoaster ride for Lee and City but the dawn of an era which saw City go from yo-yo club to global force now valued at nearly £4billion.

Franny passed away last October and today

SunSport looks back on the deal that set City on the road to world domination, in an extract from his posthumously published autobiography ... I'D LEFT my football home in 1974 and took no satisfaction from the prediction I'd made as I went to Derby that a badly run club had years of struggle to come.

I wish I hadn't been right. City were twice relegated in the 1980s, with seven managers in that decade alone.

In 1992 they were back in the top flight as one of the founder members of the Premier League but it was a rocky road.

A poor start to 1993-94 saw Peter Reid out on his ear after four games but it was (chairman) Peter Swales the fans wanted out, not the manager. I was not actively pursuing a return to City or even football in general. But I was interested to hear what was going on.

A lot of people wanted to see changes at the club. A bunch of the supporters were disaffected the group that would be known as "Forward with Franny".

I met them and shareholders, who were unhappy with the club accounts and what they were being told.

There was no way Swales wanted to walk away after two decades as chairman, even with the club in jeopardy.

And the club WAS in deep doo-doo, it was chaotic. But it never got to the point where I sat around the same table as Swales. I didn't want to speak to him or meet him.

Twice it looked like the deal was off due to misinformation and I wondered more than once why I was bothering. At times, I still wish I hadn't!

Swales was the man and I knew this who had engineered my sale all those years earlier at City.

But it wasn't about that, it was about turning this fine old club around. He had issued a statement saying neither he nor fellow director Stephen Boler would be selling any of their shares. The same applied to brewers Greenalls and that was 80 per cent.

Then Boler changed his mind and said he would talk.

We made a bid to buy 29.9 per cent but that was flatly rejected by Swales.

Then two defeats in early November darkened the mood and, after losing at home to Sheffield Wednesday, Swales resigned.

The deal was sealed on February 4, 1994, after City lost to Cardiff in the FA Cup, leaving me a relegation battle on the pitch and all sorts of horrors off it.

Part of the takeover provided £5m immediately for reinforcements and although the team gave me a winning start with a home win over Ipswich, that cash would certainly be needed.

There were creditors who had been owed money for six months, others for 12 and some waiting as long as 18 months.

One guy had lent £250,000 to pay the wages and the first thing I did when I took over was to return it. When I got the keys to the office, so to speak, there was lots more mess to find and clean up.

Like visiting teams and referees having to take cold showers although the ref, in fairness, was afforded the luxury of three buckets of hot water taken into his room.

Maybe he got it from one of the houses across the road the boiler looked like the one Humphrey Bogart had on (1951 movie) The African Queen.

It had steam coming out of all sorts of places and was the same one they had when I joined back in 1967.

Swales had board meetings every six months but I held them monthly, with all the directors having input.

It was a voyage of discovery and I didn't always like what I discovered

There was so much challenging work ahead but I never lost sight of my desire to make Manchester City the very best it could be.

l TRIUMPHS, Treachery and Toilet Rolls: The Francis Lee Autobiography, published by Pitch Publishing, available on Monday.

Yahoo news page this morning. One of the leading stories is about 'dynamic ticket pricing' being introduced to football. Guess who the pic is of on the front page? Yup, us (and Chelsea)
Then in the actual article, they manage to squeeze our name in, even though it's about Valencia planning to do such.
Cnuts.

''La Liga club Valencia is set to introduce 'dynamic pricing' for tickets after Oasis courted controversy for a similar action last week.

Fans of the Manchester City supporting band were outraged last week after they spent hours in queues for tickets that were at least double the price advertised when eventually allowed onto the website. Ticketmaster explained this process as 'dynamic pricing' which occurs when an event is particularly popular.''

If this ever comes into football the games against the top teams tickets be going for well over £100 blame Uber they started it

Simon Jordan having a cry all day about Leicester. Sailing quite close to the wind I think by constantly saying they are guilty but got off on a technicality. They are guilty of nothing, and 'got off' ' because the PL are shit and their rules are as badly drafted as the charges against city.
He's Bessy mates with Prick Parry and Daniel Levy. Both of those cunts are probably feeding him to prepare another shit storm should we be cleared.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.